Sign in to follow this  
JLMan

Biometrics Appointment Tips

Just gonna give a few pointers that can help those who are going to their biometrics appointment soon:

1)Have your documents ready prior to your appointment.If possible check again the night before and have them ready for next day

2)Be there early.If your appoinment says 10:00am be there at least 15 mins early.There may be people waitng in line by the time you arrive there.

3)Dont wear any jewelry.It slows the security checking process and trust me if there a line of people waiting,it just makes it a lot more time consuming

4)Dress nice and simple.The more clothing you wear(or accessories,this includes hats) the longer it will take you to take it off and to put it back on after you go thru the security checking part.

5)Be observant.If you notice that people's belts are causing the metal detector to go off,please go ahead and remove your belt BEFORE its your turn.

6)Following Directions carefully..i.e.If the security officer tells you to walk fast thru the metal detector please do so...saves a lot of headaches.

I had my biometrics in Chalrleston,SC and they are pretty strict on the security checking part.My appoinment was at 8:00 am.I arrived at 7:40 am and there was a line of like 10 people ahead of me.Three or four people had to be manually checked because they failed to pass the metal detector twice.They had forgotten to take stuff off of them that had metal pieces, and made a drag so early in the morning.

Thanks for posting this. I wasn't aware security was such a big issue for some dreamers at Support Centers. Mine was so easy, I just placed my purse in the blue bin and walked right in. The guard was even distracted and was chatting with other agents. I guess it depends on the state.

@beatrizrivera909,i think it depends on the day of the week that u are scheduled.mine was on a wed at 8am..but i had a friend go to thesame place and there wasnt a line when she went,she was done in 10 mins.mine took like 30 mins bc of the security check..by the way after u enter building make a right turn,u will c a poster with theUSCIS logo,just follow it..good luck :-)

u will be fine..I just kept in mind to wear some thing that i wouldnt be embarrassed to show to a future employer