Sign in to follow this  
The Defensive term "illegal Immigrant" is incorrect!

"Calling an immigrant “illegal” before the conclusion of immigration proceedings is like calling a criminal defendant “guilty” before a jury has rendered a verdict."

So many people that are unaware of the issues of immigration or that are in opposition of the DREAm ACT and DACA are unkowingly and inaccuratly using the term and offending the very people they describe. Everyone has a different case and reason for being in the USA. And many myths have been rendered to the ignorant mind. What's your thoughts? Opinions? Have your friends ever used the term and you corrected them? Or that "undocumented" residents do pay taxes, and so on?

To read more about this, visit:

http://immigrationimpact.com/2012/10/24/associated-press-issues-misleading-defense-of-term-illegal-immigrant/

i usally tell people im a wetback but a goodlooking one ;) with no kids

hahahahaha id rather be called Illegal Immigrant/Alien than wetback. lol I didn't swim

Proof I am not a wetback is if anyone left me alone at the damn beach I'd freaking drown. I never learned how to swim, this is awful. lol

Proof I am not a wetback is if anyone left me alone at the damn beach I'd freaking drown. I never learned how to swim, this is awful. lol

ahahaha im not the best swimmer either.lol

Lmao! That made me laugh.

I wonder if wetback is just used by central americans.

haha quite possible since they probably have to do more swimming.... from what I've heard the river u have to cross to get here isn't deep....

ahahaha im not the best swimmer either.lol

haha quite possible since they probably have to do more swimming.... from what I've heard the river u have to cross to get here isn't deep....

Then how come people die in it.. or so I've heard.

Then how come people die in it.. or so I've heard.

I ask myself the same thing... maybe to much weight on their back... or the fatigue, or straight up lousy swimmers.lol