Sign in to follow this  
Homeland Security confiscated my PASSPORT!

A while back before DACA was even out the shadows, Homeland security confiscated my passport. Saying that once my legal statues was determined, then I will be able to request for my passport. I went back to the same building almost 2 months ago, and they said they dont have it. WHAT DO I DO???

ps. I need my passport so I can use it to get SS this coming week.

i've never heard of DHS taking one's passport before. what did you go there for? do you have a receipt or confirmation letter or anything like that?

i would call the DHS and ask what needs to be done in order to 1.) determine where your passport is and 2.) what needs to be done in order to get it back.

that's all i can think of

A while back before DACA was even out the shadows, Homeland security confiscated my passport. Saying that once my legal statues was determined, then I will be able to request for my passport. I went back to the same building almost 2 months ago, and they said they dont have it. WHAT DO I DO???

ps. I need my passport so I can use it to get SS this coming week.

if you don't get it by then it's ok, i forgot to bring mine and i just showed them my college ID.

That's a first to me! O_O

If you're from central america, then you will get a new passport fast.

That's the only solution, unless you go into the stressful way and start calling until someone finds your passport. :(

i've never heard of DHS taking one's passport before. what did you go there for? do you have a receipt or confirmation letter or anything like that?

i would call the DHS and ask what needs to be done in order to 1.) determine where your passport is and 2.) what needs to be done in order to get it back.

that's all i can think of

That link really helped me! thanks. I read they do that all the time. And don't even keep track of it. Well I want my passport back! It's mine lol. But before that, I was on what the USA called "Deferred action" meaning I could be in the USA but without rights of citzenship.

That's a first to me! O_O

If you're from central america, then you will get a new passport fast.

That's the only solution, unless you go into the stressful way and start calling until someone finds your passport. :(

lol But regardless I would still need to pay for a new one. imma call n take my chance...