Sign in to follow this  
meltop80

Dream Act is expected to be re-introduced

The 2013 Dream Act is expected to be re-introduced by both chambers of Congress in January 2013, just shortly after the President's Inauguration.

The original Bill, called the Development, Relief and Education for Alien Minors Act (The "DREAM Act") was first introduced in the US Congress in 2001, with the last Bill introduced in both the Senate and House in 2011.

http://www.dreamact2009.org/

;)

Hopefully we won't have to renew our EAD and get permanent residence already!!

in reading it, most of it besides the college education requirements sound pretty much like the requirements for DACA. if this is the case, then i hope that it gets passed before june 2013 before i turn 31. :(

Sounds great!!! Having to renew every 2 years sounds like a pain in the butt...

@pswa83, even if its passed after you turn 31, I dont think you'll be excluded because you were approved for DACA..thats just my opinion

in reading it, most of it besides the college education requirements sound pretty much like the requirements for DACA. if this is the case, then i hope that it gets passed before june 2013 before i turn 31. :(

I think anyone who got approved for DACA will be allowed to get the Dream Act. Because in DACA even after you turn 32 you will be able to renew you EAD. Hopefully they allow the same for the Dream Act =D don't worry, we are all basically in !!

I think anyone who got approved for DACA will be allowed to get the Dream Act. Because in DACA even after you turn 32 you will be able to renew you EAD. Hopefully they allow the same for the Dream Act =D don't worry, we are all basically in !!

Aww your so optimistic. I like!!!

I do not agree with a lot things that are written in the dream act. Politicians need to write a better and complete version without issues & not end up like DACA with the advance parole issue. the age limit should be 15-28, the continuous presence in the US should be 6-8, not 5. Conditional status should be 4 not 6. They need to clarify the Armed Forces section since most Active duty personnel can get citizenship in 2-6 months after enlisting. Some jobs require security clearance. that's some of things that need to be address. But overall it's good bill specially for the economy, the USA & the dreamers.