Sign in to follow this  
cindyindy

hello, new from Indy

Happy new years everyone!

So, I am Cindy, from Indianapolis. I have gotten approved already. I still love to show support to my fellow DREAMers all over the nation. We should stand united, always!!

My social life is pretty low right now, because before DACA, I pretty much just hid at home and would not go out to bars/clubs with friends from school because of lack of ID. All those missed opportunities caused to fade many of my friendships. All my friends moved on onto starting families, careers, getting married, you name it. I felt like my life just on idle. All my current friends are relatives, ugh lol. Also, most of my friends from school are white, and I was just to shy to confess about my situation.

I am pretty shy, but I am sweet and caring. Been single for a while now, and with DACA now, I feel like in 2013 I would start becoming more outgoing and perhaps meet new friends, make up for lost time. Hopefully score on a few dates <3 and even find me a decent bf awwwww =]

Well just wanted to vent for a bit. I know you guys would understand my situation because we align with the same problems and obsticles.

Thank you for listening.

You should make a timeline of your progress

And we defiantly understand as daca members.

Don't ever hesitate to reach out. We are here to help

Inspire and form a bond :)

I did do a timeline, is it not showing?

aww thank you for such support!!!! I feel so welcomed here!!!

No as in not the only one in that situation of their social life! :)

aww :) I knew I would immediately be understood by fellow dreamers. do explain your situations

aww :) I knew I would immediately be understood by fellow dreamers. do explain your situations

Lol just like you said friends invite you to clubs and parties an places an such! And half of the time I couldn't go because I didn't have a DL and then I live in NC and not all people over here are open minded about DREAMers and they wouldn't let me into the club with the matricula! And so yeah it sucks but hopefully all that will change soon! :)

yeah our lives will change because of DACA, we should all stay united and be friends. I love you guys!

DACA unnited us and united we will fight and will dream! ;)

Definitely understand you when it comes to the loss of a social life. Congratulations on your approval and welcome :)

awww thank you! we should share our stories.