Shworzkoph

Taking Too Long?

I'm worried that my application is taking a long time to be approved. I sent my application on Sept. 18 to the Lockbox in Chicago, IL and it was delivered on Sept. 21. My case was accepted on Sept. 25 and was also routed to the Vermont Service Center. My biometricts appointment was on Oct. 18 and since that date, I haven't heard anything yet. Should I be worried?

the time frame for the DACA process is 4 to 6 months. that only includes working days as USCIS does not work on weekends or holidays starting after your bios. and once your DACA application is approved, USCIS still has 90 days to make a decision on your I-765.

there is also no specific order in which the applications are processes. sadly the only thing to do is wait.

Same here, I thought I was the only one lol. Anyways most of the applications are getting approved. We just have to remain calm and hope they accept our applications soon. Good Luck! ! :)

Hi .. am from TeXas my application was sent to Nebraska I did my Biometrics. November 6 and still nothing ... what do you guys think????

Hi .. am from TeXas my application was sent to Nebraska I did my Biometrics. November 6 and still nothing ... what do you guys think????

Hey

I'm not sure how fast Nebraska is going but you never know some people have gotten approved really fast and some like ME have been waiting for a while!

Good luck to you! :)

im from texas too and took 1month after biometrics to get permit

Well it seems that all I can do is wait...am so scared to get an RFE because I sent all I had ... but hopefully things will turn out

It's a waiting game. I send mines August 20th and it's was accepted August 28 and I didn't hear anything from them after taking my biometrics. Mines is also being process at the Vermont Service Center.

I feel so bad for those who have to wait this long. I took my time with my case, I first wanted to wait till after the election to file and when the election turned into our favor and after exploring other immigration options, I started gathering everything and I finally filed on December 28th and my biometrics is scheduled for Jan.28th. I'm prepared for the long wait. These immigration processes takes a really long time for some and sometimes things tend to run smoothly for others. Just wait, your EAD Card will come when you least expect it and sometimes that's the best thing about it. :-)

Talking about too long?

Im from Colorado, Send paperwork on Aug 15th, I know they received it because they made the payment effective.

After that, no notice or answer of any kind whatsoever, please help?

Talking about too long?

Im from Colorado, Send paperwork on Aug 15th, I know they received it because they made the payment effective.

After that, no notice or answer of any kind whatsoever, please help?

you should have received 2 letters from USCIS after you sent in your applications. 1 saying they received the I-821D and the other is the receipt for the I-765. then you should have received the biometerics letter saying where and when you need to go to have your fingerprints taken. after the biometerics, it's pretty much a waiting game after that.

if you havent done your biometerics yet, then you need to call USCIS and tell them that you havent received your biometerics letter.

Thanks pswa83, however I went trough the USCIS website, and at the link where you can request info, it says clearly that they don't give any kind of information about applications already sent, or in the process, therefore, I don't think they'll provide with any info. Whay number should I call then? Thanks again.

Thanks pswa83, however I went trough the USCIS website, and at the link where you can request info, it says clearly that they don't give any kind of information about applications already sent, or in the process, therefore, I don't think they'll provide with any info. Whay number should I call then? Thanks again.

So you haven't gotten a Biometrics appointment letter yet?

If so, call the National Customer Service Center at 1(800) 375-5283

i did call that number, however, they only give you information about the Deferred action you already know. And when you want to talk to a representative, they only accept your call if you have an INFOPASS or whatever! Thanks for the help anyways!

i've always been able to talk to someone about my case without an InfoPass.

the InfoPass is an appointment confirmation paper that you print out when you make an appointment to go to an actually USCIS office, not just a service or application center.

what did you tell them when you called?

(if you dont mind me asking)

not at all, maybe I haven't speak to an actual representative, and just the answering machine, ill try again tomorrow since today is a holiday, but you sure is the right number? and what info do they ask for to look for your case? Thanks.

Yes, that is the right number. You have to listen to the options given to you by the automated message.

Call the number and the options you have to enter are 1-2-2-2-1 to speak to someone about Biometrics. They aren't working today, so call tomorrow.

Time for every case is different. We just released an update to our DACA Approvals data -- the national average is now 100 days, and that's with California which has much faster turnarounds. Be patient and USCIS will catch up -- there are almost 100,000 applications that USCIS has received but aren't under review yet.

Forrest, Thank you for the link and for gathering the appropriate data to show actually stats. I just have one question for you, have you came across a case where it got denied after it went in an initial review ? I am just curious about USCIS denying someone beside lack of evidence or for lacking basic required info.