Shworzkoph

Taking Too Long?

Waiting is soo hard! I sent in my application on Sept. 16th and it was not accepted until Nov. 1st! i don't know why it took so long! i had my biometrics on Dec. 7th and currently still waiting for an approval. my friend sent in her application on sept. 20th and even has her driving permit already! don't know what happened there :unsure:

I already called them to talk about my application, but i don't have a receipt number. They say they wrote on the copy of the check when they made the payment effective, however, they turned that payment into an electronic payment, so there is no copy and no receipt number. They couldn't pull up my file with my last name, date of birth, or current address. I mean come on, USCIS employees are that inept or something wrong just happened to my paperwork? What do you think of this situation and thanks again for all your advice and help. Best regards! im gonna try to call again see if can i speak with someone competent.

You're definitely not the only one! There are a lot of us that have been waiting for quite some time now but have faith god is with us :)

Hi guys! I am too fearing that my application is taking too long. I sent my application Sep. 18th, they received it Sep. 20th and I went to Austin for my biometrics Oct. 17th and since then I haven't received anything nor heard anything. :( but my sister who filled at the same time got approved couple of weeks ago. I know it's a waiting game.. But it can get harsh. The wait is real.. :/

Hi guys! I am too fearing that my application is taking too long. I sent my application Sep. 18th, they received it Sep. 20th and I went to Austin for my biometrics Oct. 17th and since then I haven't received anything nor heard anything. :( but my sister who filled at the same time got approved couple of weeks ago. I know it's a waiting game.. But it can get harsh. The wait is real.. :/

My sister got approved two or three weeks after I was approved. Be patient.

What I don't understand is that I keep hearing "90 days" after being approved. I don't understand.. Bc then people say after filling.

The 90 days that people are confused about is the expected processing time for the I-765 application. If you qualified and were to file a I-765 application by itself, USCIS would have 90 days to give you a response to your application.

This doesn't apply to us because we filed the I-765 application based on our I-821D. That means that we don't qualify for the I-765 until our I-821D is approved, and the expected processing time for the I-821D is 4-6 months.

In other words, you need to wait until your I-821D is approved before the 90 day processing time for the I-765 begins.

The 90 days that people are confused about is the expected processing time for the I-765 application. If you qualified and were to file a I-765 application by itself, USCIS would have 90 days to give you a response to your application.

This doesn't apply to us because we filed the I-765 application based on our I-821D. That means that we don't qualify for the I-765 until our I-821D is approved, and the expected processing time for the I-821D is 4-6 months.

In other words, you need to wait until your I-821D is approved before the 90 day processing time for the I-765 begins.

If I understood right after we take our bios we have to wait 4-6 months to get an answer if we're aprrove or not?

If I understood right after we take our bios we have to wait 4-6 months to get an answer if we're aprrove or not?

Pretty much, that's the expected processing time given by USCIS for DACA applications, so you can't do anything but wait for a decision during that time frame.

Okay guys. Today I got an email from USCIS. It's the first notification I've gotten since I turned my application in. This is what it says:

"On January 28, 2013, your name was updated relating to your I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance."

What does this mean? And why did I get it on my Employment form and not my DACA? Any ideas?

Sorry for the small font.

It says: "On January 28, 2013, your name was updated relating to your I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance."

What does this mean? Any ideas?

Sorry for the small font.

It says: "On January 28, 2013, your name was updated relating to your I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. Please wait until the end of normal processing time before calling customer service at 1-800-375-5283 for live assistance."

What does this mean? Any ideas?

They are saying that they received your application and that now you must wait until they approve your I-821D. Like everyone has been saying from now on it's a painstaking waiting game.

Jose, the time expected is just a time frame they give you but honestly every case is different. My sister applied the same time I did. She now has her working permit and social security! So, I'm guessing its to each's luck.

Jose, the time expected is just a time frame they give you but honestly every case is different. My sister applied the same time I did. She now has her working permit and social security! So, I'm guessing its to each's luck.

Yes, each case is different some are easier and fast than others, but for those who's case is more difficult, the wait can take up to 4-6 months and in between that time they can't do much but wait for a decision.

Hello everyone my name is Antonio and i live in Lubbock, Texas. My application was sent

Sept 17th, accepted/recieved Sept 21st. Got reciepts and letter notices from Nebraska

to be put on biometrics for Oct 23rd. Those were taken and now as of this day my case

is still on Initial Review on uscis.gov. Should i be worried? Ive been told its taking longer but

i am just curious and still praying everything comes out okay. My friend which sent

hers Aug 28 got her acceptance Jan 26. So September people should be getting their notices

right? Hopefully!!!

Ugh same with me!

I sent both my applications August 27, 2012 & had biometrics done September 28th & I'm still waiting on some sort of response! I hope it's soon cause it's been 4 months now! =/

Cherish your faith!!! and you at least have received letters of receipt, and even gone to the biometrics. But me, literally NOTHING. of course they already cashed their money though!!!

Francisco youre right, they take the money and forget about the apps. Theres no way a background check could take up to four months thats straight crap, and alot of people doesnt want to apply because theyre waiting for the migratory reform which will leads to the residence. Unlike deferred action which is for 2 years and no path residence,and the licence is just for 2 years. in fact some states wont even give you a driver licence, so even if you have the permit, how are you gonna get a job, if you dont have a valid driver licence.

The received my application on sep 4 2012, biometrics taken on oct 2, 2012 it's now march 7, 2013 and still not a single word :( should I be worry??