Sign in to follow this  
Josehb

Long Name

I have my EAD card, SSN, and my DL will be arriving soon, but I was asked at the DMV if I wanted both last names on my DL. To be honest I didn't but the guy put it on there just so there would be no problem. Is there a way I don't have to put my second last name(Mother's maiden name) on my documents like my driver's liscence? If I don't will there be any difficulties? It's must easier just to write my first name and last name(and at times my middle name), but having to always give my first, middle, and two last names seems too long and too complicated.

Hey I had a problem fitting all my names and last names so the person at the DMV explained to me that even if you shorten your name which I had to do, your legal name is the one on your SSN. On my DL I only have my name and two last names but at work I have to go by my name middle initial and two last names. If you wish to drop your mother's maiden name you need to do it legally.

so on the SSN app, the first line you fill out is "Name to be shown on card" then then 2nd line says "full name at birth other than above"

the 1st line would be where you would have put your first and last name (the last name you use most often)

the 2nd line is where you would have listed you name at birth, with both last names.

hen i applied for my SSN and DL, i put both of my last names. however, i have come to find out that it is up to ho ever you give your name to, how they list your name. in terms of doctors offices or utility companies. with me for the most part, my 2nd last name is used and not the 1st but i sign my using both last names.

I tried leaving out my second last name on the SSN application buy the guy said that I had to write it down how it's shown on my EAD. I asked him about the middle name and he said I could leave that out but that it might create some problems or confusion down the road so I just left it like that.

I applied today for my SSN and the the one who assisted me told that I have to show them something with my full name/last name, I told her that I only use one name/lastname here in USA. I didn't wrote my two last name in the application only the one I use. Its up to you witch one to put... and it also depends what name it shown on your ID or the one you use in the State you live.

The lawyer never asked me how I wanted my name to show up. I wonder if I can ask them to change it since most of the documents I have don't have my second last name in them anyway.

I applied today for my SSN and the the one who assisted me told that I have to show them something with my full name/last name, I told her that I only use one name/lastname here in USA. I didn't wrote my two last name in the application only the one I use. Its up to you witch one to put... and it also depends what name it shown on your ID or the one you use in the State you live.

That is a pretty tight picture....Im stealing it lol