Osha

Did Anyone Came To The U.s With A B1-B2 Visa Or Student Visa?

I have a question for those who came to the U.S with a B1-B2 Visa or a student visa and is now expired. Did you explore other immigration options? And, if you've applied for DACA and have been approved; how long did your application process took?

I came here on B2 "Visitor for Pleasure" Visa in 2001, my father got hired at some place and they sponsored my whole family.However we lost that case in 2005 due to a higher income shown for my father. My father sent in an appeal to adjust that but we still have no response. Although they issued work permits for all of us except my father.Sadly Vermont was handeling our case, but the good thing is they never asked us to leave the US. I'm glad Obama announced this form of dream act at least we can begin to achieve our dreams :)

I came on a B2 Visa. There is no other immigration option for me besides AOS through marriage. I applied for DACA and my processing time was 99 days from date of delivery to date of approval.

I also came to the US on a Visa which expired in 2001 and I was approved in 19 days.

There are no other path to legalize our status as far as I'm aware.

Your whole DACA application process from the time you file to your DACA approval took only 19 days? If so, please tell us your secret. Lol

Your whole DACA application process from the time you file to your DACA approval took only 19 days? If so, please tell us your secret. Lol

19 days after biometrics, uncommon names, clear history in the US. ;) lol no secret.

Awesome.

I just recently filed for DACA on Dec 28th after careful consideration. My biometrics is scheduled for Jan 28th, i might do a walk-in sometimes this week or the next. I don't have a criminal history at all and my name pretty uncommon so I'm hopeful that my case will go just as smooth. :-)

I came on a B2 Visa. There is no other immigration option for me besides AOS through marriage. I applied for DACA and my processing time was 99 days.

AOS through marriage was actually my first and only option but things between me and my girlfriend didn't workout.

If you don't mind me asking, Jose; how strong of evidence did you include with your DACA application?

Pretty strong evidence up until 2009. I sent in a copy of my original passport with the VISA, copies of school IDs, immunization records and a few elementary records like state test results, then my high school transcript and copy of my diploma. I graduated in 2009 and after that I pretty much didn't do anything. What really helped me out were paypal receipts from stuff I purchased on ebay. I had about 6-10 receipts per year so I sent those in from 2009-2012 along with a some facebook check-ins and a few dated photographs that I had. Luckily I didn't receive an RFE for those 3 years.

Pretty strong evidence up until 2009. I sent in a copy of my original passport with the VISA, copies of school IDs, immunization records and a few elementary records like state test results, then my high school transcript and copy of my diploma. I graduated in 2009 and after that I pretty much didn't do anything. What really helped me out were paypal receipts from stuff I purchased on ebay. I had about 6-10 receipts per year so I sent those in from 2009-2012 along with a some facebook check-ins and a few dated photographs that I had. Luckily I didn't receive an RFE for those 3 years.

That's awesome, I send in almost exactly the same evidence as you did. I send in copies of all of my high school and college IDs as well as my high school and college transcripts, I also send in copies of my I-94 Card, Passport, my expired Visa, and copies of my high school diploma as well as my spring semester schedule. Lol

Where I'm a little afraid of is the lack of evidence that prove that I was in the country on June 15th 2012, during this date I was on a summer break, and I did absolutely nothing for the month of June and July, so I'm just hoping that my strong evidence for continuous residency will kind of give me a cover, but if they send me an RFE I think i'll be able to come with something. :-)

I came here with the B1-B2 visa.

Before my 16 birthday friends of my parents who are now my godparents offered to adopt me, that i guess at that time was the only or at least somewhat easiest way to change my legal status.

didmt happend though, my dad felt like he was "giving me away". Even when the only thing changing was my last name. So now im glad DACA is happening. Havent applied yet. Need.more evidence, cant find enough from 2010 til now

Expired B2 visa here as well. Mom's applied for political asylum which was denied back in 2000. Ever since then, well you figure the rest out. I am still waiting for approval, even though my lil sis got approved in 22 or 28days later after talking her bio.