Sign in to follow this  
Rawf

Name Changing

Has anyone other than myself have always wanted to change your first or middle name to something different than what your parents gave you?

Is it even possible without having a legal status in the US?

I do!! I love my name.. it's Maria Alejandra but the whole going by only your first name in the US is so annoying! All my life growing up I was Maria Morales. I kind of want to change my name to Alejandra Maria but I haven't looked into how difficult or risky that would be. I'm probably going to wait until I have residency.

I do!! I love my name.. it's Maria Alejandra but the whole going by only your first name in the US is so annoying! All my life growing up I was Maria Morales. I kind of want to change my name to Alejandra Maria but I haven't looked into how difficult or risky that would be. I'm probably going to wait until I have residency.

I think changing the name would require a trip back to where we were born and that's risky. =/

I think changing the name would require a trip back to where we were born and that's risky. =/

Ohh! You're kidding! I never even thought about having to do that. OK, never mind! Maria Alejandra it is!

I don't think it's possible unless you become a U.S. Citizen. If I could I'd like to just remove my second last name since it's not used here in the U.S.