Sign in to follow this  
chuckster954

Filling Out The I-765 Worksheet

Well, the whole point of that form is to show that you have economic necessity so that they see that you need the EAD, although I have heard of a couple stories where one person was approved and he made like 60k+ a year.

Anyways, not sure how much importance it has, but just be truthful.

The most important part of the 765ws is demonstrating economic hardship. Even if you make more money than you spend, do other people depend on your income? Do you support parents, siblings, a spouse or anyone else with your income? Do this in the "Additional Information" section of the I-765ws.

My lawyer did not add anything in the additional information section. I am worried that they might not approve my work permit because i did not put additional info. Has this happened before?

I was plain out right truthful in that I-765ws. I put all zeros, because I don't work, which means I don't have a source of income, I'm depended up on my parents. And then I wrote a 4 sentence explaining my economic hardship and why I need to work. That's it.

That makes sense, but my lawyer said that it doesnt matter what you put on the worksheet and that they will provide a work permit as long as you get approved for DACA... Is this true? So from his advice all I did was fill in the income and expenses.