Sign in to follow this  
chuckster954

Getting Pulled Over Without Driver's License In Fl While Daca Application Is Pending

Hey Guys,

I just had a question. What if someone gets pulled over without a driver's license in Florida while the DACA application is pending. What can you say to the cop?

that you have no license. DACA isnt going to help. depending on what state you live in, you will get a ticket for driving without a license and depending on if the car is registered and insured, the car may be impounded. you will have to appear in court, pay the fines, and what ever else the court orders.

if you're DACA approved then no.

for the most part cops just issue the tickets and dont bother calling ICE unless the person has serious warrants.

just a word to the wise, if you dont have a DL, then you shouldnt be driving. save yourself the trouble of having to deal with it the first time and then again once you re-apply for DACA in the future.

if you get pulled over youre only gonna get a ticket. when you go to court, tell the judge that your status is pending. the judge is gonna give you and extension. when you get your license you go to court and they'll take the ticket away. cops in florida wont take your car or call immigration. its pretty slack here because immigration isnt a big deal here i florida.. i know all of this by experience. ive gotten pulled over a couple of times and its not a big deal. unless you dont go to court they'll have a bench warrant for you. which is also not a big deal. you spend the night in jail the judge will talk to you and youre out first thing in the morning. its not even a misdemeanor. i know this cus when i checked my record to apply for daca on the file it says ive never been arrested and i asked the cop why did it say that and its because they dont bother making a big deal out of a moving violation.

Don't take unnecessary risks, you shouldn't be driving if you don't have a licesense, especially if you don't have legal status. keep a low profile and use your free time by educating yourself or taking some college courses if you can.