Sign in to follow this  
jessica8907

birth certificate

its hard to explain. apparently the name I've been using since i was brought here, is not the name on my birth certificate. idk what to do. Ughh, i nag my mother for not being smart enough at that time. She's now a resident, and I'm stuck!! :/

In this case Jessica you would have to talk to a lawyer. Im sure there is a solution but you need to talk to someone who is a professional on immigration and that type of stuff you're dealing with. Your mom should have told you about this years back though, maybe you could have fixed before.

yeah idk what my mother was thinking. this is ridiculous! :/ im meeting with a lawyer thursday, see.what.she.can do for me. but as far as hiring her thats outta the question. I dont have that kibd of money neither does my family. I barely have the money for the frkn app fees! :/ anywho, do yall know if there is a deadline for the application?

If you have been living here since you came with a different name other than your original one, that's going to be a problem. You basically don't have an identity.

You will need to provide documents to prove your identity and prove that you have lived and studied here. A birth certificate, a passport, a matricula, transcripts, school records, if those stuff aren't under your name, you have no proof.

Still, talk to an attorney and see what he has to say.