Hello everyone!!

My name is Sara Ramirez, I was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco. My parents brought me to the US when I was 7 yrs old. We lived in Downey, California for about one year then moved to Central Oregon when was 8 yrs old. In 2006 I graduated from High School and this when the roller coaster ride started for me. I had no drivers license, and no ssn...I just had a pocket full of dreams and hopes.

I was able to attend a community college for several yrs; however, without financial aid I was only taking one or two classes a term. In 2008 I started volunteering for CAUSA its a non-profit group it advocates for immigrant families here in Oregon. I went to my first May Day rally in 2010 and I loved it!! I kept being active in my Community by sharing my struggles as young undocumented immigrant.

Then BOOM...in June 15, 2012 Obama announces DACA!! At first I thought it was too good to be true! But three months later USCIS releases applications to for DACA and the work permit. On August 15, 2012 Causa choose 10 active volunteers in Oregon, to help them process their application with free legal advice. ( I was one of the 10!! ) =D

Anyways, here is the article link if wish to read more about it!

http://www.oregonlive.com/aloha/index.ssf/2012/12/illegal_immigrants_in_oregon_g.html

Wish you all the best!

Sara ♥

Welcome aboard Sara and thank you for sharing part of your story and contribution.

May I know if you have applied already?, when you sent your documents, have you had the bios appointment yet? Make a timeline in your signature if you would like :)

Hey, I am still trying to figure out how to use this blog...lol Your looks fancy...!!

I did apply my bios were on Nov. 28th and my consideration for DACA got approved on Jan 15th...Still waiting for my work permit to get approved

Hey, I am still trying to figure out how to use this blog...lol Your looks fancy...!!

I did apply my bios were on Nov. 28th and my consideration for DACA got approved on Jan 15th...Still waiting for my work permit to get approved

Welcome to the forum sara. Congrats on your approval and Don't worry,once your DACA gets approved, your I-765 would follow in 3-5 business days. G'luck

Thanks you guys!! Yeah I am still waiting for my permit to get approved...I agree they should processes them both at the same time!! but, oh well! I am happy my DACA got approved!! =)