Laste31

New Member!

Hi my name is Lastenia! I'm new to the forum. I joined because I have a lot of questions. Well USCIS received my application on sept.10, I got the receipts on sept.17, got the appt for biometrics on oct.11. I haven't gotten any response back since then. I'm worried because I know lots of people that applied after me and they got response already. So I decided to call yesterday and they told me it takes between 3-6 months so the operator I talked to counted the months since they received the applications and it'll be 5 months on feb.10 and 4 months since I went to the biometrics. Is anyone else in the same situation?

Don't stress too much about it. There are plenty of people like you who haven't heard anything from USCIS (Including me). The only thing you can do is be patient and wait for a response. And, when you calculate the time for your application, you shouldn't include holidays and weekends because most offices are closed on those days. To get an accurate working days, you can visit http://www.workingdays.us/ and enter the date when your application was received.

Welcome to the forum and Feel free to ask any questions. They are plenty of people willing to answer your questions.

G'Luck with everything.

Thank you guys! I've been patient so far but like so many people around are getting their letter that it's frustrating but I have faith that mine will get here soon! Good luck guys

Hi my name is Lastenia! I'm new to the forum. I joined because I have a lot of questions. Well USCIS received my application on sept.10, I got the receipts on sept.17, got the appt for biometrics on oct.11. I haven't gotten any response back since then. I'm worried because I know lots of people that applied after me and they got response already. So I decided to call yesterday and they told me it takes between 3-6 months so the operator I talked to counted the months since they received the applications and it'll be 5 months on feb.10 and 4 months since I went to the biometrics. Is anyone else in the same situation?

You have been only waiting 73 days which is is not nearly close to 5 months, not even 3 months yet.

Be patient, it might take a long time or it might not :)

Welcome to the forum by the way :D

Welcome to the forum.

Remember though, just like there have been people who applied after you get approved, there are also many who applied before you still waiting for a response.

Huummm.... I didn't know I didn't have to count weekends I thought it was only holidays....

That's true Jose, and thank you

Welcome! :)

Me and you have the same boimeticrs day and I haven't been approved yet!

What center are you with?

Good luck!

Don't stress too much about it. There are plenty of people like you who haven't heard anything from USCIS (Including me). The only thing you can do is be patient and wait for a response. And, when you calculate the time for your application, you shouldn't include holidays and weekends because most offices are closed on those days. To get an accurate working days, you can visit http://www.workingdays.us/ and enter the date when your application was received.

Welcome to the forum and Feel free to ask any questions. They are plenty of people willing to answer your questions.

G'Luck with everything.

RIght on, So I've been waiting for 62 days since my biometrics appointment, all I (we) can do is wait.... BTW spliff are you habesha or eritrean ?