Guest Paully

Deferred Action Taking Too Long

Guest Paully

Okay, so today is oficillay 3 months since I took my bios on November 15th. And 4 months since I sent mt application. :( I wish someone had told me "Angelina, it will take 5 months, at least, do not go crazy and quit your job for another one without your stuff in hand!" haha Yeah, damn it, now I am home, bored, cannot apply for a job because I don't want to make my situation worse because I don't know how a background check works

same here and not only that but i grad last year in august and i thought i would be able to get this thru in 3 months waiting time, I applied to multiple companies sending my resume and when they called for phone interview or regular interview, they always asked for my SSN , once i say am waitng on it they reply "well we keep ur profile call us when u have it" a nice way of saying... we cant take you... it is really frustrating cuz to me the only reason why they taking long is either they busy making Harlem Shake videos or busy watching la novela... >.> because as much as they say " we have a lot of cases " an background check doesnt take 6 months as is in my case....unless they waiting for me to commit a crime to then bitch about it and feed their ego idk... am as frustrated pissed off impatient sad of how poorly how extremly poorly they handle this cases.

Guest Paully

http://www.seattleglobalist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Deferred-Action.png

so i found this chart in which it shows how the applications are being approve based on a timeline, where do you guys fit? and as i noticed they stack up all the applications from august and they seem to stop reviewing them and then pick up the ones from October and on hence there is few ppl here form september and august who hasnt gotten anything yet

I'm on the same boat as every one here claiming "It's taking to long". My signature should hold all the information (Sorry I'm new to this).

I have to say that I'm quite frustrated. I can't imagine every one else that has applied before me. You know what makes it worst when you

see friends or family members that apply after you and they have already been approved, SSN, and Job. I mean I'm happy for them don't get

me wrong, I'm very happy for every one that has had this opportunity. It's a dream come true for most of us. Just that I feel I have been patient enough.

Right? It's funny because I complain about this when ever the topic is brought up amongst friends and I'm like "this is taking to F*&%#ing long!!" then there like

"how old are you?" "21" "what are 4-6 months compared to you waiting 21 years for this opportunity?"... It makes me laugh and then I'm like "Ture" but a week or

two later I'm back at it again "this is taking to F*&%#ing long!!".

I'm sorry I'm not hear to boar everyone with my silly stories or I'm not sure if any one will even see this; but for some odd reason sharing this with every one has made me feel a little better. At lest I'm not the only one and not the only one pulling there hair out with anxiety! Again I'm sorry not sure if posting this here is correct, but hey it was great expressing my self.

God is good, and every one hang in there!

P.S I'm sending them (USCIS) an email, Is that OK?

I'm on the same boat as every one here claiming "It's taking to long". My signature should hold all the information (Sorry I'm new to this).

I have to say that I'm quite frustrated. I can't imagine every one else that has applied before me. You know what makes it worst when you

see friends or family members that apply after you and they have already been approved, SSN, and Job. I mean I'm happy for them don't get

me wrong, I'm very happy for every one that has had this opportunity. It's a dream come true for most of us. Just that I feel I have been patient enough.

Right? It's funny because I complain about this when ever the topic is brought up amongst friends and I'm like "this is taking to F*&%#ing long!!" then there like

"how old are you?" "21" "what are 4-6 months compared to you waiting 21 years for this opportunity?"... It makes me laugh and then I'm like "Ture" but a week or

two later I'm back at it again "this is taking to F*&%#ing long!!".

I'm sorry I'm not hear to boar everyone with my silly stories or I'm not sure if any one will even see this; but for some odd reason sharing this with every one has made me feel a little better. At lest I'm not the only one and not the only one pulling there hair out with anxiety! Again I'm sorry not sure if posting this here is correct, but hey it was great expressing my self.

God is good, and every one hang in there!

P.S I'm sending them (USCIS) an email, Is that OK?

I feel the same way... My bf tells me to be patient but its hard

Okay, so today is oficillay 3 months since I took my bios on November 15th. And 4 months since I sent mt application. :( I wish someone had told me "Angelina, it will take 5 months, at least, do not go crazy and quit your job for another one without your stuff in hand!" haha Yeah, damn it, now I am home, bored, cannot apply for a job because I don't want to make my situation worse because I don't know how a background check works, oh heavens!!! I feel worse for the people who are waiting even longer, I am lucky I am fine, I have money saved, but for those who don't only God can help. I hope they get approved faster than me. I can wait another month, I wish I didn't have to though. I wanna go to schooooool! Sorry guys, just venting, rating, bored to death!!! Well, hopefully by summer everyone who applied has been approved and we can make a contribuiton to the country and get on the path to making all our lives better. :D

Thats the spirit I know what you mean I quit my job when the news came out also and before I was approved I had no more money saved and was going crazy it will happen when you least expect it and hopefully soon I heard they are changing the processing time to 7 or 8 months because a friend hasnt applied and thats what the lawyer told him but who know hopefully they start processing and approving people faster Best of luck! What are you think of majoring in?

@jquintero i feel you me too i think this is taking too darn long i just the waiting but what else can we do right?? I hope soon we all get approved i did mt bios october 30th

@jquintero i feel you me too i think this is taking too darn long i just the waiting but what else can we do right?? I hope soon we all get approved i did mt bios october 30th

we been wating the same exact time lol

I've also been waiting a long time. I'm about to add my signature (I just joined this forum). Yesterday it was 6 months. And USCIS still can't give me a straight answer and just tells me to wait. I submitted a service request today so I hope that helps. I also feel very frustrated and impatient. And I am getting kinda sick of reading people posting that we need to be patient and that we'll get approved when we least expect it and I totally appreciate that but I've had that mindset for six months now and I still don't have an answer. So I honestly don't think I'm going to get approved because of simple bad luck. Yeah, I'm being negative I know but this is such crap. I completely qualify and sent my packet neatly organized and I have no criminal record but just because of dumb luck God knows what happened to my file and I'm living through this hell along with all of you. FML. FML. FML.

FML.

Lawyer?: Screw that! Filed by myself

Application sent: 8/24/12 from Phoenix, AZ

Application arrived: 8/25/12 10:37 a.m.

Application rcvd G-1145 & I-797: 8/29/12 9:27AM fwd to CA Center

Biometrics received: 9/10/12 Appt:9/26/12 @ 10 am EAD: Pending

my 6 month waiting period will be on april 9th. it seems the initial review tab is frozen every time i check. i have called a few times and the only thing they can tell me is to keep waiting. this sucks, im a student and i thought students were going to get prefference and i know a bunch of people that have gotten approved and they have everything and are working too and they arent even going to school. i dont understand. i went to a bunch of events and forums here in anaheim and to my understanding students would be the ones to get apporved faster since we are trying to get a job to get through school. please someone correct me if im wrong.

Applicationg received: October 9th

Biometrics: November 5th

Initial review for life!

my 6 month waiting period will be on april 9th. it seems the initial review tab is frozen every time i check. i have called a few times and the only thing they can tell me is to keep waiting. this sucks, im a student and i thought students were going to get prefference and i know a bunch of people that have gotten approved and they have everything and are working too and they arent even going to school. i dont understand. i went to a bunch of events and forums here in anaheim and to my understanding students would be the ones to get apporved faster since we are trying to get a job to get through school. please someone correct me if im wrong.

Applicationg received: October 9th

Biometrics: November 5th

Initial review for life!

Every case is different, its very important to know that. I'm a student too and just because we're student doesn't necessarily means that we'll have a smoother ride through the process, every case goes through the same scrutiny regardless of current status. Your case could be held up by a background check or some other reasons. What I can honestly tell you is to wait, and you'll receive that approval when you least expect it, and believe me, it will be the best feeling in the world. :)

Every case is different, its very important to know that. I'm a student too and just because we're student doesn't necessarily means that we'll have a smoother ride through the process, every case goes through the same scrutiny regardless of current status. Your case could be held up by a background check or some other reasons. What I can honestly tell you is to wait, and you'll receive that approval when you least expect it, and believe me, it will be the best feeling in the world. :)

i didnt mean it as we as students would have a smoother process, i meant it as since we are students we would get somewhat of a priority atleast when it came to the application selection to process. like i mentioned, every forum i went to they stressed that subject advising those who werent enrolled to get enrolled. but i guess no one really knows what it takes to get approved. it would be much easier for everyone if somehow the USCIS posts a list of things they consider first when approving someone since its basically up in the air to what they consider and what they dont.

I don't noe what to say anymore thats why i don't update my status anymore when i hit the 4 month period after bios i justgave up im already taking meds for my anxiety and this waiting is just making it worse i really don't care anymore when i get approved

You're not alone;

USCIS Received application: August 22, 2012

Biometrics: September 20, 2012

DACA: Initial Review

EAD: Initial Review

i'm way passed 6 months. let's just hope we all get approved soon :mellow:

i didnt mean it as we as students would have a smoother process, i meant it as since we are students we would get somewhat of a priority atleast when it came to the application selection to process. like i mentioned, every forum i went to they stressed that subject advising those who werent enrolled to get enrolled. but i guess no one really knows what it takes to get approved. it would be much easier for everyone if somehow the USCIS posts a list of things they consider first when approving someone since its basically up in the air to what they consider and what they dont.

As I said, EVERY CASE IS DIFFERENT. This is a case by case process, USCIS stressed that point over and over again. This is not a first-come, first-served basis and anyone who tells you anything different either doesn't know what they're talking about or they're just lying. The only answer that I can honestly tell you is I don't know how USCIS process these applications and I don't think anyone on those forums knows either.

Being enrolled in school particularly in college is very important, not necessarily for Deferred Action but for the possibility of the Dream Act being passed this year. The Dream Act will probably require us to be in college or the military in order to obtain permanent residency. Deferred Action on the other hand doesn't require us to be college graduate or even be enrolled in college in order to qualify, you just have to be a high school graduate though. :mellow:

Still waiting....

Well I sent them an email; As I mentioned in my last post and this is what they said:

"USCIS records show that your case is pending background check clearance. USCIS is committed to adjudicating immigration benefits in a timely manner while also ensuring public safety and national security. A small percentage of applications and petitions have unresolved background check issues that temporarily delay adjudication. Although USCIS makes every effort to resolve such cases promptly, USCIS is unable to speculate when the background check will be completed. Upon gathering and assessing all available information, USCIS will adjudicate the application as quickly as possible.

If you have not heard anything within two months, please contact customer service to complete a service request for status."

Keep in mind I got a response from them on March 5th.... Also I have absolutely NO criminal background; finished high school a month early, went to a technical university and finished with a 4.0 GPA AND honors... I can assure them that they have no reason shape or form to think I'm a "public safety and national security" threat. I think everyone that is patiently waiting is on the same grounds as me or even make better qualifiers then me; but I'm well aware, that no matter where you stand in this or no matter when you turned in your application/Bios you still have to wait.

On another note; Its beyond words how frustrating it is to hear a person that applied in January did the Bios and got accepted the following month say " hang in there" or "be patient". That is because they have no clue how it feels to be waiting for over 6 months for an opportunity that we have all been waiting for the moment we got here and not hear anything other then continuing to stare at the "initial review" of death page. (I'm NOT referring this to any one on this form I say this in general)

Despite everything above, something even more frustrating to the point of depression is to hear someone give up. No matter how much anxiety, anger, and despair this is causing us we should never give up.The time will come when we will no longer have to stare at the "initial review" page, but focus on getting our dream job. So even as much as we hate hearing this we must be patient and remember that "The best things in life don't come with out a struggle"

Once again God is good, with much respect to all and the best wishes,

Jaime Quintero

P.S I will be calling USCIS, in the coming weeks to see about "completing a service request for status" (Don't doubt one bit that they will tell me the same thing, but worth a try)

Hi everyone first timer lol

well I'm 6 months & 1 week since my biometrics on October 242012 dallas tx area & haven't heard anything in case status stills says in initial review & it just says that they got my employment authorization application on sep.16.2012 I've been calling uscis but all they do is read me what i already read in case lookup I'm soo getting frustrating

I already did by phone by the uscis website & i contacted my lawyer too hopefully i get something before my 7months since my bio. the 24. of this month