CDELRIO

No Government Id Issued For Biometrics. Help!!

I was brought to this country by my biological mother as a child, she gave me up for adoption HERE in USA (originally from Mexico), I was adopted and re issued a new birth certificate with my new name, I tried to go to the Mexican consulate to get a matricula but I was told I couldn't get one because even though I was born in Mexico I do not have my original birth certificate from Mexico! What do I do? I've been told you need a picture ID to get biometrics done!

who were you adopted by? and at what age?

if you are still a student, then there have been some people that were were able to use their student IDs as IDs at their bios.

can i ask what evidence you sent to prove your idenity with your application?

I was adopted when I was 17 years old by a US Citizen, I only have an old picture ID from HS with my original last name (prior to adoption)

I sent my school transcripts as well as my delayed registration of birth issued by the state of California, adoption documents, bank records, marriage certificate also issued by the State of California, church affiliation letter.

You're still a minor, why haven't your parents requested you in the first place?

You need an identification to do your biometrics and it must show the same name that's on the letters you received in the mail.

Why wouldn't you have papers if you were adopted by a US citizen? I am sorry, I don't know how the adoption process works in this country, but isn't it automatic that you would be their child and have the same as a biological child that was born here? Maybe you need to talk to a lawyer.

My adoptive mother filled the a petition for me, petition was filled w/ immigration and visa was approved, however we were going through a lot of issues (adoptive parents got divorced, moved to another state) and the person living at old house never notified us of the response of USCIS by the time we found out it had already been a year and the case got close, I was told filling for DACA was the better option (quicker) than trying to re open my case.

My friend used her school ID, I'm not sure if it would depend on your location. Perhaps you can take with you what ever you sent in you package to prove your identity?

hi idk how I got to this question but I need advise! I have my biometrics appointment and I have NO ID! I am going crazy with nerves. its literally impossible to get an state id or drivers license without a green card and you need a state id to GET a green card. im going in circles here.. what I do have is my high school transcript a ged a w2 and these documents have my name my social and my dob but no picture! what should I do??!! can someone please help me???!!

Do you have any High School IDs? If so, that along with your High School transcript should be good enough.

Thread moved to Dream Act Questions & Answers

nope no high school Id either... ihave nothing with my picture. I have various documents with my name and my dob and ssnumber but no picture and iknow that is required. im seriously freaking out.

nope no high school Id either... ihave nothing with my picture. I have various documents with my name and my dob and ssnumber but no picture and iknow that is required. im seriously freaking out.

Try to do the following, if you haven't already tried it. Go to the DMV, take all identification documents that you currently have. Take the copy of your green card and all the documents that have your name and your social security on it. Its a long shot but its worth a try. Beg to the DMV employee if you have to so that he/she can let you apply for an ID. Tell them that you've lost all forms of identification. If that doesn't work then I would recommend that you try to do a "walk-in" and try if they would allow you to take your Biometrics with the available identification documents that you current have. If that fails, then the only choice would be to reschedule your Biometrics appointment before the deadline, so that you can buy some time to get your Matricula Consular. :)

I went to my dmv and they were so super rude and didn't not help at all. but that's okay I dnt care. So I looked up the Mexican Consulate and I found an email address which I emailed and they actually replied. Their gonna try and help me get my Matricula before my biometrics appointment. im so very hopeful bcs that's my last option. If I don't get a matricula then I really wont have an id for the b.apt...

I went to my dmv and they were so super rude and didn't not help at all. but that's okay I dnt care. So I looked up the Mexican Consulate and I found an email address which I emailed and they actually replied. Their gonna try and help me get my Matricula before my biometrics appointment. im so very hopeful bcs that's my last option. If I don't get a matricula then I really wont have an id for the b.apt...

I hope they can help you as soon as possible. Keep us in touch with your application, if you can. :)