Sign in to follow this  
taramo35

Anybody From Cali That Has Gotten Financial Aid?

SO I APPLIED A WEEK AGO AND I WAS JUST WONDERING LIKE HOW MUCH MONEY SHOULD I SPECT OR HOW LONG DOES IT ... JUST TELL ME HOW YOU PROCESS WENT <3 :wub:

I just applied for the BOG fee waiver because I'm in a community college right now ... but from what I have read you can get up to $12,000 ... not sure ... it depends the school you go to (community college, UC,CSU)

I just applied for the BOG fee waiver because I'm in a community college right now ... but from what I have read you can get up to $12,000 ... not sure ... it depends the school you go to (community college, UC,CSU)

yeah i just did the BOG fee waiver also, was there another financial aid then we can apply for?

yeah i just did the BOG fee waiver also, was there another financial aid then we can apply for?

you can apply for cal grants, but it's better if you apply for cal grants once you plan to transfer from a community college to a UC or CSU because UCs and CSUs are more expensive .... you can also apply for EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services ) depending on your school (it's different for every school) they might also give you some money for books

you can apply for cal grants, but it's better if you apply for cal grants once you plan to transfer from a community college to a UC or CSU because UCs and CSUs are more expensive .... you can also apply for EOPS (Extended Opportunity Programs and Services ) depending on your school (it's different for every school) they might also give you some money for books

where can i apply for cal grants?

ok so its the fisrt time for all of us... :/ im only taking 2 classes so i guess im not gonna be getting that much

are you attending a community college or a 4 year institution?

COMMUNITY COLLEGE

oh cool then definitely apply for the BOG fee waiver, I'm only taking one class this semester and it covered the full amount for the class ( does not pay for fees such as health fees and etc) my class was $280 I believe so I'm sure it will cover the cost of your two classes :)

Ok so we can only apply for BOG fee waiver or Cal grants... What the difference??

The BOG fee waiver can be used if you are in a community college and it ONLY covers the enrollment fee. Cal grants are money you get to help you pay for school if you are attending a UC or CSU . Hope that helps :)