Sign in to follow this  
jd_208

Awesome 4 Months For A Request For Evidence

This is why I get worried I been waiting for almost 5 months and I hope they don't get a RFE also I did get married but because I didn't have a social I couldn't change my last name I send everything with my 2 names and 2 lady names because when I entere usa without inspection I gave them my full name middle name and so on I did send my marriage license but like I say everything is with my regular name I decided to keep things like that so I don't confused them on the process.

I didn't change my name but my passport has my spouse last name..I don't know if that makes sense..but I think they will request my marriage license idk..still waiting

If you sent documents with two different last names, they're going to have to verify that both of the names are used by you, so yeah, you should have sent the marriage license.

only my passport had my married name on it. I should of send the marriage license but I went base on what my lawyer ask... :-/

This is why I get worried I been waiting for almost 5 months and I hope they don't get a RFE also I did get married but because I didn't have a social I couldn't change my last name I send everything with my 2 names and 2 lady names because when I entere usa without inspection I gave them my full name middle name and so on I did send my marriage license but like I say everything is with my regular name I decided to keep things like that so I don't confused them on the process.

You can change your last name without a social! I did at least. All they needed to see was my marriage license.

Sorry you got an RFE! Especially after all this time.. My application was received on Sept. 4 and still no decision. It sure would suck if I get a letter

in the mail saying my application got transfered or get a RFE in the mail! March 4 will be my sixth month, not technacilly counting all these holidays

and weekends but ya'll know what I'm talking about lol

Dont worry Im on the same boat! Took about 4months to receive an RFE.. Sucks, but your getting a chance to get more evidence for them!!! Good Luck!

What kind of evidence did they request from you?