Sign in to follow this  
yan88

I need help!!!

My family and I came to the US when I was just a kid I was enrolled in kinder and graduated from high school. When I was in fifth grade my dad got caught and so were we. I really don’t know what happened because back in the day we just wanted to be out of trouble and live our lives. Somewhere along the way my dad was allowed to stay because my now 22 year old sister was a US citizen however the rest of us got voluntary leave which never happened because we moved from that house and I honestly don’t know what happened or what kind of status that left us in. I requested a status check but I am currently waiting for an answer. My question is what I put for question 3a and 3b of the application… (Are you now or have you ever been in removal proceedings?) If I honestly have no idea what happened?

My family and I came to the US when I was just a kid I was enrolled in kinder and graduated from high school. When I was in fifth grade my dad got caught and so were we. I really don’t know what happened because back in the day we just wanted to be out of trouble and live our lives. Somewhere along the way my dad was allowed to stay because my now 22 year old sister was a US citizen however the rest of us got voluntary leave which never happened because we moved from that house and I honestly don’t know what happened or what kind of status that left us in. I requested a status check but I am currently waiting for an answer. My question is what I put for question 3a and 3b of the application… (Are you now or have you ever been in removal proceedings?) If I honestly have no idea what happened?

If your parents are still alive, you should ask them. If you never left the country when requested, then you might have a criminal record. What I don't know if such record applies to you since you were a minor.

You will have to wait for the status check before sending out the application.

I forgot to mention my husband is an officer in the US. Airforce. Would it be better and easier if he were to pettition me or just stick with the deferred action?

Why don't you request a police record, or a background check? I'm pretty sure the police record is free, but the background check isn't.

If you do have someone in the Police department, that would be easier. (Sounds risky, try getting a background check and see what you find.. might be worth it, it is up to you)

yan88, if your husband is an Officer in the Airforce, then i would apply through him. it will be a better situation for you. If you apply through him you will get permanant residency which will lead to citizenship. with DACA that path is not possible. if you can find the legal aid office on base and see if they can help you or google catholic charities where you live. they have lawyers that work there and it cost less.