I'm being told by many to do my taxes with my new social security rather then my itin

I'm just afraid cause the social I used to work with was someone else. And I don't want my new social security to be affected by the social I used to work with and I don't want to get in trouble since im trying to do everything legally now. Help:(

I worked with a fake ssn and did my taxes using my real social security number. Was already approved the refunds and everything.

And just FYI, you can no longer use the ITIN after obtaining a SSN.

You have to send a letter to the IRS to rescind your ITIN asap.

It isn't the SS Administration's job to notify the IRS.

It is something you have to do on your own.

sorry that's what the girl @ IRS said when I called, so now I got to call and give them my SS#?'

even if the social security belonged to someone else? they wont care that im using a new social?

my name on the itin is wrong so i always have to write them a letter.

I worked with a fake ssn and did my taxes using my real social security number. Was already approved the refunds and everything.

And just FYI, you can no longer use the ITIN after obtaining a SSN.

You have to send a letter to the IRS to rescind your ITIN asap.

You used your fake SSN w-2 to apply for tax return with your new SSN ?? that could catch up with you in the future, just saying. I really don't advise doing that because I think that is tax fraud ?

You used your fake SSN w-2 to apply for tax return with your new SSN ?? that could catch up with you in the future, just saying. I really don't advise doing that because I think that is tax fraud ?

right thats what im afraid i used someone else number but filed under my itin, but im afraid to file taxes under my new social cause i havent worked it

It isn't fraud because I'm using my own name and a made up ssn, if you are using someone's else ssn and name then yes that is fraud.

What is the difference between working with a fake ssn and doing taxes with an ITIN? No difference than working with a fake ssn and using your real one to file taxes.

What is the difference between working with a fake ssn and doing taxes with an ITIN? No difference than working with a fake ssn and using your real one to file taxes.

ITIN is assigned by the government for individuals to file taxes. Fake ssn is fake ssn.

ITIN is assigned by the government for individuals to file taxes. Fake ssn is fake ssn.

You still don't get my point.

You work with a fake ssn and file taxes using the ITIN (assigned by the government). (Illegal immigrant)

You work with a fake ssn and file taxes using your valid SSN(assigned by the government). (Legal Immigrant)

Once you use your real ssn to file for taxes, you cannot longer use the fake ssn to work, that will get you in serious trouble.

If there were any issues, then the IRS would deny the file of taxes and refuse to give you a refund.

You still don't get my point.

You work with a fake ssn and file taxes using the ITIN (assigned by the government). (Illegal immigrant)

You work with a fake ssn and file taxes using your valid SSN(assigned by the government). (Legal Immigrant)

Once you use your real ssn to file for taxes, you cannot longer use the fake ssn to work, that will get you in serious trouble.

If there were any issues, then the IRS would deny the file of taxes and refuse to give you a refund.

I don't think they assign individuals ITIN # so they can claim their w-2 returns earned while working with fake ssn. If you file with your real ITIN, then you are associating yourself with the fake ssn and committing another crime. I dunoo, I am not a lawyer or an expert on this topic but working with your fake ssn and claiming your w-2 returns with you government issued ITIN sounds illegal to me.

I don't think they assign individuals ITIN # so they can claim their w-2 returns earned while working with fake ssn. If you file with your real ITIN, then you are associating yourself with the fake ssn and committing another crime. I dunoo, I am not a lawyer or an expert on this topic but working with your fake ssn and claiming your w-2 returns with you government issued ITIN sounds illegal to me.

It might be, so is driving without a license, opening bank accounts, etc.. people still do it.

What would you do then? Not file taxes at all and be one more illegal immigrant evading taxes?

Not right at all.

It might be, so is driving without a license, opening bank accounts, etc.. people still do it.

What would you do then? Not file taxes at all and be one more illegal immigrant evading taxes?

Not right at all.

You won't be evading taxes at all, actually the government would own you money not the other way around, except in this case you are working with a fake SSN. Tax evasion only applies to people who earn an income other than their paycheck and fail to include it in their returns when the other party who paid them files taxes saying they paid them, or when you decrease the deductible tax amount from your paycheck saying you would rather pay them at the end of the year and fail to do so.

Tax evasion usually entails taxpayers deliberately misrepresenting or concealing the true state of their affairs to the tax authorities to reduce their tax liability and includes in particular dishonest tax reporting, such as declaring less income, profits or gains than actually earned or overstating deductions.

Tax evasion is an activity commonly associated with the informal economy and one measure of the extent of tax evasion is the amount of unreported income, namely the difference between the amount of income that should legally be reported to the tax authorities and the actual amount reported, which is also sometimes referred to as the tax gap

i was trying to file my taxes this year and the same situation ;work with a fake nobodies ssn and did my taxes with my itin ,with turbo tax... and it rejected my taxes twice. the error message said that my last name didnt match my ssn. i called the irs and they told me that the number that i had wich they gave me didnt match their in their system. :angry: and i had the actual letter that they send me so she gave me another one and she said that lasts years taxes and all the info was transfer to that new itin <_<

I'm being told by many to do my taxes with my new social security rather then my itin

I'm just afraid cause the social I used to work with was someone else. And I don't want my new social security to be affected by the social I used to work with and I don't want to get in trouble since im trying to do everything legally now. Help:(

hope this helps: http://adreamact.com/topic/799-what-to-do-with-itin-after-receiving-ssn/#entry10588

Step 1: Send a letter to the IRS’s ITIN operation with a request to rescind your ITIN number. Be sure to include copies of your ITIN and SSN. The address for the IRS’s ITIN Operation is:

Internal Revenue Service

ITIN Operation

P.O. Box 149342

Austin, TX 78714-9342

You can use the following template:

[DATE]

[NAME]

[ADDRESS]

[PHONE NUMBER]

Internal Revenue Service

ITIN Operation

P.O. Box 149342

Austin, TX 78714-9342

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to request that my Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) be rescinded and that all tax records be associated with my newly assigned Social Security Number (SSN). My information is as follows:

Names Used: [YOUR NAME(S)]

Date of Birth: [DOB]

ITIN: [iTIN #]

New SSN: [sS #]

I have enclosed copies of my SSN and my ITIN.

Thank you.

[sIGNATURE]

[NAME]