Sign in to follow this  
Blazinknight23

Social Security Administration

I took my EAD and Birth Certificate.

If you have a passport, take that as well. I've heard some people get asked for their passport instead of their Birth Certificate although you can use either one.

I took my EAD and Birth Certificate.

If you have a passport, take that as well. I've heard some people get asked for their passport instead of their Birth Certificate although you can use either one.

does the passport have to be valid? & can i take my original birth certificate with the copy of the translated version? Sorry I'm asking so much.lol.

does the passport have to be valid? & can i take my original birth certificate with the copy of the translated version? Sorry I'm asking so much.lol.

It has to, they check the expiration date =/

It is the last step to your new life ;) It's worth it.

Yes i know! :) you can renew your passport without the approval right? I might just do both when i go get my consulate ID!

No, the Passport isn't necessary. Don't get a new one. Your Birth Certificate with your EAD is fine, no translation needed, but you can take it also, just in case.

The only reason I mentioned the Passport was because some people claim to have been asked for it, but the SSA guidelines clearly state that you can use either a Passport or Birth Certificate, you just have to know that beforehand in case they want to tell you otherwise.

111vy.png

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0110210020

No, the Passport isn't necessary. Don't get a new one. Your Birth Certificate with your EAD is fine, no translation needed, but you can take it also, just in case.

The only reason I mentioned the Passport was because some people claim to have been asked for it, but the SSA guidelines clearly state that either a Passport or a Birth Certificate along with your EAD is enough to apply for an SSN.

Thank you! I can wait just a little longer to renew my passport then! Yay! :)

When i went in, the front office worker asked for my EAD, and saw that it was a C33 so he asked for my Birth Certificate and in probably 10 minutes, i was done..total time was 15 minutes....Maybe mentioning the Category Card# helps :)

Yes I think mentioning the card helps because they can help you faster since they just put all your information in the system. I had to wait 2 1/2 hours until I finally asked the lady again that I was from the deferred action and she finally just did all the paperwork it took her about 5 minutes she really helped me out. I hope I receive my card soon :) But I also just took my card and my birth certificate thats all they asked me for.

When i went in, the front office worker asked for my EAD, and saw that it was a C33 so he asked for my Birth Certificate and in probably 10 minutes, i was done..total time was 15 minutes....Maybe mentioning the Category Card# helps :)

When did you go apply for your social security card?