Sign in to follow this  
Moises

Use A Passport Instead Of A Birth Certificate To Apply For A Ssn

i went and applied today but i dont have a passport only a matricula and birth certificate.They told me the birth certificate was fine but it would take about 4 weeks for them to translate it and another 2 weeks for them to process my application.so after all the waiting i did for the EAD i have to do some more waiting until the birth certificate is translated.

They tell you that to scare you they did that to me and it took 2 weeks but you can always go back and talk to the same lady/germ... here are the rules...

You must bring your USCIS-issued Employment Authorization Card (I-766) and proof of age and identity.

You Must Show Social Security

You must show an original document or a certified copy of one of the following as proof of your

age and identity:

• Foreign birth certificate;

• Foreign passport;

• U.S. military record;

• U.S. military identification card;

• Religious record showing age or date of birth;

• U.S. driver’s license;

• U.S. state-issued identification card;

• School record showing age or date of birth;

• School identification card; or

• Copy of medical record.

if you have one of those you can go back and they will process it... maybe or idk since your case with ssn just started :) Good Luck :)

I used my Birth Certificate and my Social Security card came 7 days after applying, although, the guy who helped me out was Latino, so maybe it depends on whether the person helping you out is bilingual or not.