pswa83

13-Year Max For Citizenship

8 year wait for Permanent Residence?

Seems a bit long.

That is what I thought initial but since it been on repeat for the past 5 days, I am starting think that is what they are going to do.

we cant even wait 6 months lmao

You got that right beatriz, I am close to my 6mnt and I am getting agitated as each day passes without a notice.

Even thoug most people crossed the border illegaly, I do think it is a long time, but again, no one is entitled to citizenship in this country because we are all here illegaly. I think that if they grant 11 million people a SSN and a License for the time being, meaning, when they apply for the law that is supposedly coming out, it will be good for everyone, more than some people could ask for. After a few months, if they are allowed travel outide the country, fine, that too would be great. But we, as immigrants, have to have a common sense, learn English, pay taxes, contribute, walk within the laws, be exemplary citizens, pay for out healthcare if we can, after all we are not here because anyone invited us. We are hated, people want to close the border because of us, they see us as invaders of their country and their culture. And I do understand, because I feel like that when I go some places here too. I am from Brazil, I speak Portuguese, and I have been refused service because I did not speak Spanish "that she could understand", that is absurd, and imagine how an American feels. We gotta smarten up, and I know that "I'm already here", but that is not the point, if Americans don't see that the border is being taken care of, they will not agree on the fact that we are contributing memebers, or that they should pass a law at all. And yes, there must be ways to make easier entry for those trying to apply to come here legally, to buld businesses and create jobs. And I think now, even more, that the border should be secure because of drugs, firearms and other illegal things coming to this country. And I do have family trying to come here through the border and I see that they are going to be a problem again, in 20 years. I am not selfish, I just don't want to see these people in the same situation as us two decades from now, and their own children suffering. Give them a temporary work permit if they are trying to apply legally then, something like 2 years. They have taken Brazil out of the "lottery" list and it has been 8 years, they are not putting the country back there, ever. At the same time that the U.S. advertises these opportunities, they make it impossible and it is not fair, but at the same time, it is so easy to cross the border, especially because the Americans guarding it are corrupt, they take money for each person that crosses. Everyone needs to smarten up, otherwise this will be a problem again in 15, 20 years. You guys, please, don't think I am sefish because I am talking about the borders closing, I know this has been an issue with another fellow member here because I have said that, but this is just my opinion ok. Sorry if I offended anyone.

Even thoug most people crossed the border illegaly, I do think it is a long time, but again, no one is entitled to citizenship in this country because we are all here illegaly. I think that if they grant 11 million people a SSN and a License for the time being, meaning, when they apply for the law that is supposedly coming out, it will be good for everyone, more than some people could ask for. After a few months, if they are allowed travel outide the country, fine, that too would be great. But we, as immigrants, have to have a common sense, learn English, pay taxes, contribute, walk within the laws, be exemplary citizens, pay for out healthcare if we can, after all we are not here because anyone invited us. We are hated, people want to close the border because of us, they see us as invaders of their country and their culture. And I do understand, because I feel like that when I go some places here too. I am from Brazil, I speak Portuguese, and I have been refused service because I did not speak Spanish "that she could understand", that is absurd, and imagine how an American feels. We gotta smarten up, and I know that "I'm already here", but that is not the point, if Americans don't see that the border is being taken care of, they will not agree on the fact that we are contributing memebers, or that they should pass a law at all. And yes, there must be ways to make easier entry for those trying to apply to come here legally, to buld businesses and create jobs. And I think now, even more, that the border should be secure because of drugs, firearms and other illegal things coming to this country. And I do have family trying to come here through the border and I see that they are going to be a problem again, in 20 years. I am not selfish, I just don't want to see these people in the same situation as us two decades from now, and their own children suffering. Give them a temporary work permit if they are trying to apply legally then, something like 2 years. They have taken Brazil out of the "lottery" list and it has been 8 years, they are not putting the country back there, ever. At the same time that the U.S. advertises these opportunities, they make it impossible and it is not fair, but at the same time, it is so easy to cross the border, especially because the Americans guarding it are corrupt, they take money for each person that crosses. Everyone needs to smarten up, otherwise this will be a problem again in 15, 20 years. You guys, please, don't think I am sefish because I am talking about the borders closing, I know this has been an issue with another fellow member here because I have said that, but this is just my opinion ok. Sorry if I offended anyone.

I understand your point of view, but also keep in mind we did not invaded anyone's country. We were young and did not have a saying in the decisions made back then. We learned English, some of us have been paying taxes while illegal, contribute to communities+, the only rule we broke was work using fake papers because we did not have any other option, and so much I could name. Keep in mind I'm referring to DACA applicants and not our parents.

8 years is way too long, for gods sake I would be 35 and too old to even do something good with life, but I can't complain that much since we have the EAD to work and build our dreams while our documents are processed.

I think they can do so much better than this, they just want to make it long and painful.

...I am from Brazil, I speak Portuguese...

Muito Bom!

Eu falo poquinho!

Eu sou da Colombia, mas aprendeu a falar com Brasileiros em Miami.

Prazer!

samba.gif

Regarding the topic...

I don't want to wait 13 years for my mom to get approved!

Screw that! I would like to consider attending a school in Europe, but if they decide to give us a hard time...I'll take drastic measures...'I am neither Colombian, nor American...I am a Citizen of the World...' (modified version of Socrates).

'Nuff Said!

in 13 yrs, i'll be 43 (or almost) :( i think as long as i can work (still have a valid EAD) then i would be fine waiting 13 yrs for full citizenship. however, i am hoping that those already "in line" with either approved I-130 or other approved applications and DACA approved applicants will be processed faster then those just starting off in the immigration process. i would be really pissed off if someone who has only been in this country for 5 yrs were places in the same "line" as i would. i wouldnt understand that "fairness" in that.

just my 2 cents.

No guys. The 8 year wait for permanent residence under the Obama draft immigration plan doesn't apply to the "Dream Act Kids" but it applies to everyone else. The Dreamers will have to wait only 2 years to get a Green Card and then another 5 years for citizenship, so its only 7 years in total from where we are right now to citizenship.

Keep in mind that this is a very good reasonable proposal. The 8 year wait for permanent residence for everyone here illegally who isn't a "Dreamer" will be based on those who are already in line for a Green Card, meaning those who are doing it the legal way and by the way have been waiting for years to get approved, so its just fair to expedite those who are already in line before they can deal with those who are here illegally. The 11 million who are here illegally will be given a "Prospect Visa" immediately so that they can work and drive...etc. Its not like they will be left behind for 8 years, they will gain an immediate legal status.

Under the Obama draft plan the "Dream Act Kids" (us) will actually get a really good deal. :)

Remember this is only a draft and its highly unlikely that it will be the bill that Congress ultimately passes, however, whatever Congress passes this Spring or Summer will probably be similar to the Obama plan. :)

I do hope the people who have been waiting get what they need. I know of people who have waited over 30 years to bring their relatives to this country, they have been apart for so long. It would be really unfair for them to pass this bill and give people legal status jut to get the votes in a hurry for the next election. I know I would be a person to get papers much faster than my own husband, who came here through the border. But again,it is fair that he has to go further back on the line than me, and that is very understandeable that I have to go to the back of the line further than many, many people. Come to think of it, I shouldn't even be on the line, I am very lucky that this country has given me this opportunity. I have signed my husband up to go to school, and hopefully, if this new law passes, he can take some courses, become a contractor eventually, I have told him a million times, this country does not need people who are uneducated, who do not have degrees to contribute, so, go to school, get it together, learn to speak, write and read as many languages as you can. Master the English language, do it better than many Americans who can't even write these days, show them you can go above and beyond. No disrrespect to American, of course, but nowadays it seems like autocorrect does the job and no one bothers to care about "you are" and "your" you know what I mean? Education is lacking enforcement, and the ones, like us, who want to go to school, can't because of a stupid piece of paper. Ohhh I just love venting, I am sorry, you guys. lol But yes, long story short. Back of the line is a dream come true for us who are here ilegally, at least, I personally think so, my vote will not be bought because they will give me papers, it will be given to those who want the best for the country when time comes.

I read on the memo that Dreamers and people who work in agriculture won't follow the same procedures as the rest.

i read that too and i'm hoping that what Osha said will be a part of CIR.

Muito Bom!

Eu falo poquinho!

Prazer!

samba.gif

Regarding the topic...

Screw that! I would like to consider attending a school in Europe, but if they decide to give us a hard time...I'll take drastic measures...'I am neither Colombian, nor American...I am a Citizen of the World...' (modified version of Socrates).

'Nuff Said!

I almost peed myself laughing at that video LOLLLLLL

Muito Bom!

Eu falo poquinho!

Prazer!

samba.gif

Regarding the topic...

'Nuff Said!

Lol!

I'm with Pswa83 on this one. If I get to be able to work and stay and travel in the country while I wait, then so be it. Farm labor workers must be included in the CIR, they are the ones that do the jobs that "Americans" wont do.

i agree that this whole plan may take months on end, the Super 8 is hoping to have, i guess, something (maybe a little more defined outline) by the end of march. or at least that is what i keep hearing. let's see what march has in store.

the good thing about it tho obama gave Dem a deadline or (he Would Act ) With he Own Bill

but So far i hate the fact all this Stuff is going on in the U.S right now with the sequester

All these budget crisis are self-inflicted wounds, the sequestration was supposed to be diverted today and nothing happened and then we have another Fiscal Cliff at the end of March and then another debt-ceiling fight coming at the beginning of April. No wonder why people hate Congress, this is not a way to govern. All these ridiculous budget crisis are delaying important policy discussions like immigration reform and gun control. God save us from Republicans. Republicans in Congress are self-indulgent crooks and are absolutely incompetent at governing, they will obstruct anything. We need to step up too before the crazy Tea Party folks do. What happened to the massive Immigration rallies that we used to have back in 2006? We need those rallies now more than ever. This is the year for immigration reform. :)

I think it's a very reasonable proposal. It seems the waiting time is too long from out point of view but the Americans don't care and the government don't want to stir the indifferent citizens. It is very sad though.....how pswa will be 43 after 13 years, Santi doesn't want all that years of waiting for his mom, and every other people's life in those waiting time....it's still better than nothing.

Hahahahaha Santi what is wrong with you?? Where did you find that? That's hilarious!

I can't tell you, because I wouldn't be as interesting ;)

Let's just say that I had a strong influence in my awesomeness...

From This Guy!

l

l

V

chucknorris_gif2.gif