Sign in to follow this  
TheGame1990

Initial Review?

I'm on the same boat as you. My sister and I both applied October 16, i went to our biometrics November 20, she went November 21. She received her work permit yesterday February 21 (3 months exactly since her bio) and I (who went to the biometrics first) am still on initial review. Maybe it's because she's younger and is still in High school... I don't really know.

Has anyone gone through something similar?

From the day they receive your application, it will say Initial Review. Your status won't change until you are approved or receive and RFE.

Everyone who is still waiting for a response has Initial Review as their case status.

Has anyone been waiting longer than six months and called the immigration service about why it is taking so long? I sent my application August 28th. It was approved on Sept 6th. I had my bio October 9th. Received a RFE on October 23. They received all my paper work Nov 2nd. Since then I have been waiting. it will be six months next week.

Has anyone been waiting longer than six months and called the immigration service about why it is taking so long? I sent my application August 28th. It was approved on Sept 6th. I had my bio October 9th. Received a RFE on October 23. They received all my paper work Nov 2nd. Since then I have been waiting. it will be six months next week.

You should call USCIS and ask to do a Service Request about your RFE. On your online case status it should say that you will receive a response to the RFE within 60 days. It has been much longer than that for you.

Your status will change when you get approved or get an RFE.

EVERYONE'S status is in Initial Review until they are approved or are issued an RFE. Your status won't change before that, unless your case gets transferred somewhere else, but that's unusual.