Sign in to follow this  
taramo35

Wrong Itin On Daca Application! Could This Be Why They Haven't Approve Me ?

So my mom got me the ITIN number to report in her taxes when I was like 13. I didn't even know she got it for me . Last year when I went to do my taxes I used that number and everything went fine. But when I was trying to do my taxes with turbo tax this year , it wouldn't let me,and the IRS rejected it 2x. I called turbo tax ( it was kinda embarrassing because the guy didn't know about the ITIN number but then I think he google it or something) and he said that the error message that he was getting said that my ITIN didn't match my name . He told me to call the IRS and I did , one rude lady told me that the number I had wasn't mine and she gave me another and told me that that's the one I suppose to be using, and that the information on the other one was passed to that new number and the old number was somebody else's number already :o

But the old number is the one that I wrote on the application !!!!!!

Could this be why I haven't got approved for my work permit :(

What should I do :(

Could I be denied because if this!

Is this really that bad or I'm over exaggerating ! :/

I think is normal for you to be worried and I think it may delay the process a little bit but you should be fine!!! call again and ask to be transfer to an agent and explain to them what is going on. good luck.

i think you will be fine, if they ask just explain what happen.

:ph34r: is not like you stold the itin, they have record when you first got it. :D

Oh.

On the I-765 application?

It says Social Security Numbers (include all numbers you have ever used)

I didn't know that included ITIN numbers.

I've looked over the application & I believe it's only social security numbers that have been appointed before you in the past.

In regards to past cases you might have had. I don't believe this includes ITIN, from my knowledge IRS and USCIS are two

completely different departments and don't have any direct ties to the I821D. I personally left it blank & I have an ITIN number.

I'm remember it does asks but I sent some proof that u did my taxes last year :/

The I-765 asks for past social security numbers you may have had. ITIN's don't count. It doesn't ask for any income tax information.

It just asks what your current income is. 0 if you didn't work or if you did and you received a W2 from your employer then it was the income

you made that year with your employer. You could've have put that number & that may be what you're referencing.

I hope so <3

I was like freaking out cause I don't understand why they haven't approve me yet like my case is not even complicated I don't have criminal history I want to high school and I'm in college! I payed my taxes!!!!! God!

That's the only thing that comes to my mind :(

But I feel better now.. Thanks for ur opinions

I hope so <3

I was like freaking out cause I don't understand why they haven't approve me yet like my case is not even complicated I don't have criminal history I want to high school and I'm in college! I payed my taxes!!!!! God!

That's the only thing that comes to my mind :(

But I feel better now.. Thanks for ur opinions

Be patient.. You'll catch your break soon enough. My application was received on Sept 4 and Biometrics was Sept 28 and I'm still in the Initial Review. Every case is different. You did yours after and you're already ahead of me. It's all a matter of time and patience.

I've looked over the application & I believe it's only social security numbers that have been appointed before you in the past.

In regards to past cases you might have had. I don't believe this includes ITIN, from my knowledge IRS and USCIS are two

completely different departments and don't have any direct ties to the I821D. I personally left it blank & I have an ITIN number.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well.

I see you took my name though. lol jk.

Yeah, that's what I thought as well.

I see you took my name though. lol jk.

Haha.. I did, didn't mean to lol. I already tried to find a way to change it but I don't think it's possible is it? lol.

omg taramo what have you done no its a big deal .lol just jk , wish i could of being their when you notice it was a wrong, lol but as the others reply , no big deal , no need to brake your little head over something so small.

I got the "Oops... Something went wrong" screen & it stated that I didn't have that permission to change my display name.

Oh.

Well, in that case, I guess we can share the name. lol.

Or if you want to change it, you can try sending a pm to Admin.

Oh.

Well, in that case, I guess we can share the name. lol.

Or if you want to change it, you can try sending a pm to Admin.

Let's just rock the same name lol. It'll make us stand out haha.

omg taramo what have you done no its a big deal .lol just jk , wish i could of being their when you notice it was a wrong, lol but as the others reply , no big deal , no need to brake your little head over something so small.

Totally !!!! When they gave me the new number and my taxes were accepted by the IRS I was wooooo whoooo!' But like an hr later I wa like OH NOoooo!!!

I was like mamaaaaaa . ( explain it to her ) and she was mmmm maybe ur gonna have to fill out the application again! Not very incouraging!

So yeah I wish I had some positive opinions around

Totally !!!! When they gave me the new number and my taxes were accepted by the IRS I was wooooo whoooo!' But like an hr later I wa like OH NOoooo!!!

I was like mamaaaaaa . ( explain it to her ) and she was mmmm maybe ur gonna have to fill out the application again! Not very incouraging!

So yeah I wish I had some positive opinions around

You should have nothing to worry about. Did you happen to submit copies of your income tax? If so, chances are they'll link the number you provided to that

and it'll just work out in your benifit as another piece of evidence. & if you're that worried about it, find out what center has your application and try to obtain a number

you can call and speak to an agent and simply explain the situation. I believe I read somewhere that JoseG was able to contact someone through email or something like that.

You might want to try asking him. I'll keep an eye out for any information I find on this. I'm kind of curious now, I'll let you know of any of my findings.

The itin has nothing to do with the approval since you do not to put it on the application. You also don't put any number that is not given to you by the social security administration. (No fake numbers) Since you have been approved the deferred but didn't receive your card yet I would call them to ask about the employment authorization.

now i remember when we all go do our bios we have to write down our itin right ? i remember they said that?

im calling uscis right now and finding something out! today!

No we don't.

You have to write down your A# and Receipt Number. The ITIN has nothing to do with the DACA and EAD applications.

ok ':(

im going crazy