Osha

I-765 Approved But I-821D In Initial Review?

My case was just updated today (2/26/13) It says "On February 26, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you". My I-765 was approved less than a month since my Biometrics but my I-821D is still in "INITIAL REVIEW".

How can my case be approved this fast considering that it has been less than 20 business days since my bios and my I-821D is in Initial Review, I feel like they made a mistake. Did anyone had this happen to them? :)

Application Sent:12/26/12

Service Center: California

Biometrics Completed:01/28/13 (As Scheduled)

I-765 EAD: Approved on 02/26/2013

I-821D DACA: Still in Initial Review

This is the user's reyd timeline.

Application mailed on 01/15/13

Received letters of acceptance on 01/19/13

Received letters for biometrics on 01/26/13

Date of biometrics appointment on 02/11/13

Date of DACA and EAD approval on 02/25/13

As you can see, his status says his I-765 was approved yesterday, 14 days after Bios. Not sure whether his I-821D was approved or not though.

This is the user's reyd timeline.

As you can see, his status says his I-765 was approved yesterday, 14 days after Bios. Not sure whether his I-821D was approved or not.

Wow that's an impressive timeline, but I'm still confused about my I-821D case, why is it still in Initial Review? :)

From my understanding, Bio-metrics background check only takes 7-10 business days according to FBI site. So, I won't be surprised about your application being approved within 20 days of completing your bio-metrics, what should concern you is your I-765 being approved before your I-821D application. What I am thinking here is that maybe there is a lag with the system keeping your I-821D status up to par. I would give it 5 - 7 business days to see if it changes, if not wait until you get your EAD then contact USCIS about it.

Congrats by the way, I hope its just a system failure to why you are experiencing this hick up.

Go out and celebrate, OSHA !

From my understanding, Bio-metrics background check only takes 7-10 business days according to FBI site. So, I won't be surprised about your application being approved within 20 days of completing your bio-metrics, what should concern you is your I-765 being approved before your I-821D application. What I am thinking here is that maybe there is a lag with the system keeping your I-821D status up to par. I would give it 5 - 7 business days to see if it changes, if not wait until you get your EAD then contact USCIS about it.

Congrats by the way, I hope its just a system failure to why you are experiencing this hick up.

Go out and celebrate, OSHA !

Thanks so much man. If my EAD card arrives and no status update on my I-821D by then, then I will definitely call them. :)

Yes,I also got approved on monday for my EAD and today i got approved for DACA. Just check tomorrow and you might be approved. Good luck and also congrats.

Congratulation to you too man, I just received a text and an e-mail stating that I've been approved for both I-765 and I-821D. Very excited. :D

today In the morning time I received a notification from USCIS saying that someone had changed my address, I called and was told that it was a system glitch and to disregard that. Later on around 8pm I received another notification saying that my card was send to production and should be ready within a month. It's there a way I can verify its legit and not another glitch? Because when I check the deferred action receipt that one says it is still under initial review. Thanks

This same thing happened to me today I received 3 texts that the status had changed on the work authorization each time it said it was being produced. But my deferred action is still pending initial review. I am confused I thought the deferred action had to be approved before the work authorization.

Sometimes it jumps from initial review to approval. They couldn't have approved your work authorization without the deferred approval. I would call just to have the deferred approval letter sent to you.