Sign in to follow this  
Nholguin89

A Little Confused/worried/excited.

I got my biometrics done November 26th in Metairie LA, and my case was being handled by the processing center in Vermont. Up until a week ago, I hadn't received anything from USCIS and my case status remained in "Initial Review." On the 22nd, I recieved an e-mail notifying me that my case was transferred to my local USCIS office for further processing, it said that the new office has jurisdiction over my case and will send me a decision as soon as processing is complete, i though it was odd because they weren't telling me anything new. I got the exact email today and all it did was confuse me more. Well, when I got home today, there was a letter from the DHS letting me know that because of long processing times my case was now being handled by the Nebraska processing center, Id like to know, has this happened to anyone else on here? Does anybody know if that means that I am going have to wait even longer now?

One last thing, my 17 year old brother got his biometrics done December 6th in Meteirie as well and he got his acceptance letter along with his EAD on the same day! Could it be his got approved faster because he is a minor?

Yes, some vermont cases are being transferred to nebraska because for some unknown reason vermont can't keep up with all the cases.

This is normal and you are not the only one, read the other topics. :)

I know there are a few members who's case have been transferred.

As for your brother, it's hard to say seems like every case is handled different regardless of age.

Good luck and keep us updated :D