Sign in to follow this  
Jamal

Can I get a Credit Card W/ITIN?

I was wondering if I can apply for a bank account at a local bank? Maybe just a small branch? What banks can I do it at and what information will I need? I am an overstay, so passport is expired. Whats next?

I think you can apply in bank of America.. Just call them and ask them if you can apply credit card using your tin number.. But I'm pretty sure you can since I experience the same thing. Good luck!!

I dont see why we wouldnt be able to apply. After we get the permit to work, I think we'll need somewhere to keep the money, (bank) not under the mattress and most banks provide credit/debit cards....

Yes you can, I have a account with wellsfargo and I opened it with my ITIN number and an ID

For those that are curious... What form of I'd did you present? What of you have an expired visa?

I used a official id from mexico it's called matricula consular, and they told me that I could also use a Id from college as long as it had my current address

The ITIN is issued to those without a social security number and as far as I know you can open a bank account with BoA and while there, ask the representative that you would like to request a credit card to build your credit as well.

I've tried doing this online and I was approved, but later that week I received a denied letter.

To get fully approved, you have to request it at your local BoA office and yes an ITIN will work.

You will need some kind of government issued identification such as your Passport and being in the US with an expired passport can be a horrible idea. Just go to your country's consulate and renew it. I renew mine every 5 years because that's the only way to have some kind of identification at the moment.

Good luck with getting a Credit Card :)