Sign in to follow this  
gregory

Advice Help Please

Hello,

I have a question but not related to the deferred action. Maybe you know the answer.

By the way congrats for y'all who have been accepted!

I am college student out of status (7 months) and I am trying to regain F1 status.

My question is this:

If i get all the documents and apply for reinstatement but get denied , can I still wait and see what the Dream act (once in action) offers me?

Thank you

Greg

I'm pretty sure you don't qualify for the deferred action and I'm not sure about the Dream Act since there's no official saying on what the requirements will be at the moment.

Give it a try and see if they accept you for the F1.

Thank you Rawf,

No I dont qualify for deferred action.

do they force you to leave the country if i get denied for F1 reinstatement? do you know?

I don't know how much the Dream Act will help you once it has been passed, it dependents on how long you've been here and at what age did you came to the U.S.

What will help you though will be the overall comprehensive immigration reform which will reform the F1-Visa program. Both political parties in Congress are definitely in favor of making it fair and easier for people on the F1-Visa to study and work here rather than deporting them once the Visa has expired. Try to get your F1-Visa renewed if its possible but if its not then just wait to see what Congress will do this spring/Summer with regard to those on an expired F1-Visa. My believe is that people on an expired or unexpired F1 will be taken care of. :)