Sign in to follow this  
Veevee20

The 6 Months Are Almost Here!

My application was received on Sept 20,2012 and got my biometrics done soon after that but since then I haven't heard anything ..its 6 months this march 20th I'm so worried and stressed out. I have no criminal record at all! :(

What happens after 6 months?

After 6 months you can inquire about your case by doing a Service Request. The Service Center will send you a letter telling you what is causing the hold up on your case.

Technically your 6 months don't fall March 20, I would add two weeks to that still because of holidays and weekends. From experience that is, I called in March 4th because that was when my sixth months was and they told me that I still had to wait a week or two.

Technically your 6 months don't fall March 20, I would add two weeks to that still because of holidays and weekends. From experience that is, I called in March 4th because that was when my sixth months was and they told me that I still had to wait a week or two.

Hmm.. When I first called about my birthday being wrong in one of the applications I also asked what was the time frame and back then in October they had told me 3-4 months. I'm guessing the wait changed to 5-6 months because of the holidays. I don't think that's it . Idk

The expected processing time has always been 4-6 months, but that doesn't mean you will hear a decision within that time as you can see. Some cases are taking longer because of the "background checks" others are simply still waiting to be reviewed. The 4-6 month processing time doesn't mean anything now that some cases have exceeded it.