Good information, but keep in mind that a service request is used to know why your case isn't advancing.

This will not in any way speed up the process, you will get a letter saying "Your case is still sitting to be reviewed" or "Your background check hasn't cleared up".

Then there will be more waiting.

If only things would that easy, but hoping the best for you and everyone whose in the same situation :)

That's what they told me too, that someone would call me on the 15th? Lets see if that happens! Each time i have called USCIS they tell me something different.

So, I don't get it. It has been said plenty of times here in this forum that the 6 month countdowon begins after you take your bios. And now, the OP says she could've called earlier. August to February is 6 months, but she sent application in August, so, isn't her 6 month mark to call on March 27th? Because the first 30 days wouldn't count because she didn't have her bios doe til September, right? I am very confused right now as to when I can and should call in case my application doesn't go through at the expected time.

there was a member who called USCIS yesterday and was told that the "waiting time" starts once they receive your application and not after bios.

so those who sent their applications in august, this month would mark their 7th month of waiting. september applications, this month would mark their 6th month, so on and so forth.

It's march, some agents will file a service request and others won't.

I've read some people say they count from the day the case was received and others count after the biometrics.

Ohhh ok thanks. I guess if I do not get an answer or approval or a sign I will be calling next month on the 17th. My case was tranfered to Nebraska, so, Idk what that could mean towards wait time.

((((Okay so this morning I called the USC7IS))))

things that i found out =>

- they will ask you a bunch of question like your basic blah blah blah first you receipt number and when you sent your application and the list goes on from there like your address verification and phone number(so be prepared like get you nofication ready and know when you apply and amongs other things be ready paper are in front of you

- reason for calling cause ive been waiting and I went to check if 6 months have past which is has a little more days add to that (i could of called alot earlier lol) so they go by when the when you application was sent, i sent my august 27th according the fella costumer service from uscis and okay so from august 27th 2012 and said okay yeh its been 6 months now (i could of called febuary 27th)

-after all those question and ive answear, he gave me a service request number which im assuming that gave my application a kick in the ass and pushed to be looked at faster lol => well there you yah go for you fellas and gals for those whom waiting long ^_~ ((wink wink))

- next mission lol do a wonderful waiting for 15 days cause he said someone might be txting me or notifying me about if i approve or not.giving that they sent a service request and they call there uscis buddies lol to look for paper to especified office to hurry up lol then call the uscis again if i dont get txt in the next 15 days =>

guys i hope this helps and give hope to people and have a little more patient .. i understand the wait totally. I too am waiting apart from waiting 6 months thiiiiiink years or decade lol having a newborn and wanting to work whats 15 days more lol =>

hi to all the peeps, God bless you guys

hope this helps,LOVE

hunninutz

Please keep us posted

Ohhh ok thanks. I guess if I do not get an answer or approval or a sign I will be calling next month on the 17th. My case was tranfered to Nebraska, so, Idk what that could mean towards wait time.

I would consider you lucky :) I have faith in Nebraska.

I would consider you lucky :) I have faith in Nebraska.

They are sending many the cases there because Vermont is apparently on overload, so, maybe lucky, maybe not. I hope so.

So, I don't get it. It has been said plenty of times here in this forum that the 6 month countdowon begins after you take your bios. And now, the OP says she could've called earlier. August to February is 6 months, but she sent application in August, so, isn't her 6 month mark to call on March 27th? Because the first 30 days wouldn't count because she didn't have her bios doe til September, right? I am very confused right now as to when I can and should call in case my application doesn't go through at the expected time.

Exactly what I been asking my self all this time !!!

Hope service request does something more than just finding out the delay of of ur case, hope it also speed it up. As of today its 15 days since service request, and the 20th of march it'll be six months of waiting....:/

Hope service request does something more than just finding out the delay of of ur case, hope it also speed it up. As of today its 15 days since service request, and the 20th of march it'll be six months of waiting....:/

gino i been waiting only a week since the service request :( i dont undertand why is taking so long i did call yesterday and they told me that they send it march 7th (i called the march 5th) so will see as in today i only waited a week i guess by next week maybe!!1

good luck to you !1

As Rawf said, a service request won't prioritize your case, a service request is a formal letter explaining the status of your case, whether your application is about or has passed the 6 months mark since the date they received your application, you may inquire a service request which will explain the delay of your case. For more info about service requests you may go to this website:

http://www.dhs.gov/u...s-and-employers