Sign in to follow this  
ayelenhx

Got An Rfe, I Don't Know What To Do...

I got an RFE today, I graduated high school in 2009. That's the last thing I have under my name. No bank account, no tickets, no contracts.. Everything was basically put under my mother's name or my boyfriends. I'm freaking out. What can I send? Help! Thanks in advance.

What about Facebook? Did you do any online shopping and have things shipped to you (in your name at your address; billing address in my experience doesn't have to be yours)?

Go back through your stuff, you'd be surprised at what you find. the smallest thing might help. anything anything that has your name on it and is official! goodluck!!

I have three online shipping receips. One for December 2011 and two for January 2012. I have a gym membership from 2009.

My passport doesn't have any stamps that I flew anywhere because I did not left the country at all. So I'm sending copies of that.

And I'm thinking about getting two Affidivits, one from someone that can testify where I've lived and that I've been present. And another from a company I've helped translating stuff for.

How does that sound?

I have nothing else. It so stressful.

What you could also do, is, if you are renting, get a letter from your landlord stating that YOU have been living there for whatever time you have been living there. If this is for 2009 and you were living somewhere else as of that time, just try to locate your old landlord. Again, this is only if you are renting!

Have you done any community service? If you have you can always ask a letter. Church membership letter from the one pastors or leader stating that you are member for the period of time you have been there. Some churches give out certificates for baptism. Just some ideas

First of all, don't freak out, you will not be denied even if you don't send everything that they are asking for.

Find whatever evidence you can find and if you come short, get at least 3 strong credible affidavits and you will be fine. The people who are working on these cases are not dumb, they know our situations and I highly doubt that they will deny you because of it. An RFE is not as bad as people are making it seems, at this point it means that your background check is complete and you're on your way to being approved. All you have to do now is to satisfy their concerns. Send them those little evidence that you could find with some affidavits, they are really helpful and they are one of the easiest things to send. :)

aaaw we are in the same boat ;/ i didnt do anything in 2009, what i found was 3letters, that a friend of mine sent me from text, and on the envelopes have my name and address/ date . so i guess thats all im gonna send ;/ . i was leaving with my mom back in 09 so my mom is goin to talk to the landlord to see if can write me letter or somenthing. good luck mama!