dreamerinnc

Best Credit Cards To Apply For After Daca

As many of us have gotten approved and many more will eventually get approved. I want to know what you guys think are the best credit cards we (dreamers) can apply for to build our credit. I have apply for a couple but the only ones I hsve gotten approved for are secured credit cards, which means you have to put money in to start out with

---------------------

Let's make this real because a lot of you are applying without having an income.

YOU MUST HAVE AN INCOME TO BE APPROVED FOR A CREDIT CARD.

WITHOUT A JOB YOU WILL BE DENIED.

ALSO!

Your credit score will decrease by 3 points each time you apply for a credit card, or any other service that checks your credit score. Such points will be back within 3 months.

Currently thinking of applying for Amazon store card since I'm always buying items from Amazon.com.

Heard mixed reviews of their store card. Very tempted into applying although I'm not sure whats the worse thing that could happen if I apply.

Store cards require a high credit score, I wouldn't waste my time with them.

The administrator of this forum applied for a capital one and got approved, I can't remember correctly but I think the other one he was approved for was chase? I might be wrong.

Other than that, if you have had a bank account with any bank, they might give you a credit card depending how good of a customer you have been.

Capitol One has a credit card basically designed for us. Check it out. I've heard multiple DACA people getting approved for it.

http://www.capitalon...rs Card Details

You need average credit score to apply for that credit card, it says you need to have credit history with at least ONE of the major credit companies for 3 years.

So credit is needed, even thought it says for new comers.. makes no sense.

In case this is true, I just applied for one and this is the what I got:

Thank you for submitting an application for a Capital One® credit card!

Notification of approval status will be typically sent in 7 to 10 business days; however, in certain circumstances it may take up to 15 days.

In the interim, please do not submit another application, as only the first application received will be considered valid.

I will get back to see what I got in a few days.

By the way, the first time I applied for Capital One I was denied because I didn't have a saving's account. Go figure LOL

Average or Limited Credit.

Basically Limited Credit means those who have had credit for less than 3 years, or no credit at all. I chatted with a Customer Service Representative and she told me that you can apply even if you don't have any credit at all.

dddsw.png

Average or Limited Credit.

Basically Limited Credit means those who have had credit for less than 3 years, or no credit at all. I chatted with a Customer Service Representative and she told me that you can apply even if you don't have any credit at all.

dddsw.png

That's just a part, read the entire disclosure consent.

You guys could have taken out a credit card from your bank or anywhere just using your ITIN number.

That's how I have my two first credit cards, but not everyone have bank accounts =/

That's just a part, read the entire disclosure consent.

I did, and I asked Customer Service about it and they said this card is specially for those who are new to the U.S and that anyone can apply even if they have no prior credit. He even did a little questionnaire and said that I was good to apply.

He didn't say if I would be approved though lol.

I did, and I asked Customer Service about it and they said this card is specially for those who are new to the U.S and that anyone can apply even if they have no prior credit.

We will see how it goes, I do have credit history from my previous credit cards.

Hmmm.. should I apply?

If I were to be approved, I don't think I would use it for a while. They don't charge anything until you use it right?

Hmmm.. shall I apply?

I did mine like working full time and also a student. I did put a few hundreds for rent which i clicked (Other) instead because i'm not paying rent but utility bills.

The APR for this card is at 24.9% which is a bit high. I'm going to try with BofA and see if I have any luck.

All credit cards for those with no credit is high, even thought BoA CC is 21% I think, you don't pay for it as long as you pay on time.

Jose do you have any credit history?? I went to my bank and they told me to apply for a secured credit card at the bank and that capital one does the same since we don't have any credit :-/ which sucks but I guess it's better than nothing

Did anyone tried to get a credit score with their new social security number? I tried every single website and I cannot get anything. Is it because the number is still new and we have to build the score?

Did anyone tried to get a credit score with their new social security number? I tried every single website and I cannot get anything. Is it because the number is still new and we have to build the score?

You won't be able to get your score yet, because in order for a FICO Score to be calculated on your credit report, the report must contain enough information and enough recent information on which to base a score.You and I have no history reported to the consumer reporting agencies yet, we must at least have one account that has been open for six months or longer in order for them to establish a report on our credit. So we don't have a Low Score or a High Score, We have no score at all. :)

Great thanks for that information. That means if I want to but a car under my name I cannot get a loan yet. :( But its a start :)

Great thanks for that information. That means if I want to but a car under my name I cannot get a loan yet. :( But its a start :)

You have to wait a month before anything shows up, and even more if you don't have credit history at all.

Mine was transferred from the ITIN to the SSN and it took over a month.

I do have two credit cards, it is how I started building credit.

You can lease a car even if you have no credit, but they will probably charge you more than the car is worth with a hefty down payment, but there are a lot of options available for people with no credit who want to lease a car. The bottom line is, dealerships have a lot of cars to sell but not as many buyers and they will find a way to sell you a car. And by the way, a No credit is NOT equal to bad credit, that's the myth some people try to spread around, its much better having no credit than having a bad credit. B)

yes i have but since i dont have credit nothing shows up