dreamerinnc

Best Credit Cards To Apply For After Daca

Fredo you are the Man. if you apply for a Capitol one journey credit card, you will get approved instantly no matter what. I had no credit and I got approved. Also I aplied for a Discover credit card and I got approved as well. I fileed it out online and then I called them. They might change the rates a terms a little bit but you will still get one. This worked for me with 0 credit score and it should work for anyone else. I mean as long as you put in a good ammount of $$ per year. I believe at least 9,000 or 10,000. I don't remember the excact ammount that I was told.

Fredo you are the Man. if you apply for a Capitol one journey credit card, you will get approved instantly no matter what. I had no credit and I got approved. Also I aplied for a Discover credit card and I got approved as well. I fileed it out online and then I called them. They might change the rates a terms a little bit but you will still get one. This worked for me with 0 credit score and it should work for anyone else. I mean as long as you put in a good ammount of $$ per year. I believe at least 9,000 or 10,000. I don't remember the excact ammount that I was told.

thank you

Actually you are right what really matters is the annual income most of the time

quick question?

Did you apply for Discover it or Discover it Student?

Ok, I applied for the capital one secured mastercard and the first time it told me I wasn't approved. I applied again but this time using my full name as it appears in my SS card(First time I only used first and last name), and instead of telling me I was denied it told me my application had been received and I would get an answer in the mail.

Did any of you approved get an answer immediately?

Ok, I applied for the capital one secured mastercard and the first time it told me I wasn't approved. I applied again but this time using my full name as it appears in my SS card(First time I only used first and last name), and instead of telling me I was denied it told me my application had been received and I would get an answer in the mail.

Did any of you approved get an answer immediately?

If it's secured, then most likely you will be approved. You paid for it, so I see no issues in them denying the application unless your credit history is cloudy.

If it's secured, then most likely you will be approved. You paid for it, so I see no issues in them denying the application unless your credit history is cloudy.

That's what I thought, so I was a little surprised when I was denied. Hopefully it was just because I didn't use my full name as it appears in my SS card...I have no credit, so I doubt that's an issue.

I applied for Capital One Cash Rewards for Newcomers Credit Card

It really depends on your annual income and how much you pay rent, or if you are a student.

You have to calculate the annual income and subtract the rent for the entire year.. make sure you have money left or else they are going to deny you.

I actually apply for a secured credit card with two of my banks and wells fargo secured card had the lowest interest rate at 18.95% compare to capital one at 24.95% or bank of america 25.50%. I use the cheapest one mostly for gas and the capital one for emergency. Just trying to build my credit to buy a house soon

I just went to apply with my bank (B of A) for a credit card and was approved. It was for the cash rewards credit card. I might apply with Capital one or with a chain store in a month or so.

Thanks for the information everyone. I had no clue about these cards and was automatically going to apply for a secured card from Capital One.

I'll try applying for the Newcomer card soon and let you all know how it goes. :)

Hey I just applied for this credit card also and got approved!!! Yay Im so happy lol idk if I should also apply for the new comer one or just wait since I already have one? any ideas??

Whats a "Comer One" ?

Whats a "Comer One" ?

I applied for a capital one credit card and there was a capital one newcomer heres the link http://www.capitalon...rs Card Details and then theres this other one http://www.capitalon...ds Card Details which is a student capital one credit card. I applied for both and got approved for one I called capital one and they said its because I should just apply for one one months and then the other one next month so well see. But yea are you applying for any?

I don't mean to be the party pooper, I just want to offer a different point of view....

I'm a fanatic of DAVE RAMSEY, if you don't know who he is google him, he's a wonderful finance teacher that has helped so many people getting out of debt.

He teaches to NOT use or have credit cards... sounds crazy I know but it really is the wisest thing. There is this myth that we need to build credit, who initiated that myth? Banks! Why? Because it's the way for THEM to have business. Debit cards are the most wonderful thing and you can practically do anything with it. You can even rent cars with debit cards (I know for a fact :D ) and Dave Ramsey even teaches how to run your life doing EVERYTHING without the use of one credit card. I know it sounds crazy, but I would hate to see any of my fellow dreamers to be finally given the opportunity we have been given like working/driving and in within a year or two be drowned in debt we can't repay. Don't take my word for a fact, read Dave Ramseys TOTAL MONEY MAKEOVER. Afterall, we are dreamers, and one of our biggest goals is to study and educate ourselves-- This book is a TOOL beyond anything you can imagine. I wanted to go to school for international business but since I couldn't register because Im an immigrant, my mentor told me to educate myself in what I wanted to learn with books that are available to me. This was the first book on the list and I PROMISE you this book is an EASY-read meant for EVERYBODY: from the financial genius to the stay-at-home mother to the college student. I love this book and have given copies to everyone around me. Give yourself a gift beyond compare, buy the book and tell me what you think! You could read it in one short day :D

the-total-money-makeover-a-proven-p.jpeg

I don't mean to be the party pooper, I just want to offer a different point of view....

I'm a fanatic of DAVE RAMSEY, if you don't know who he is google him, he's a wonderful finance teacher that has helped so many people getting out of debt.

He teaches to NOT use or have credit cards... sounds crazy I know but it really is the wisest thing. There is this myth that we need to build credit, who initiated that myth? Banks! Why? Because it's the way for THEM to have business. Debit cards are the most wonderful thing and you can practically do anything with it. You can even rent cars with debit cards (I know for a fact :D ) and Dave Ramsey even teaches how to run your life doing EVERYTHING without the use of one credit card. I know it sounds crazy, but I would hate to see any of my fellow dreamers to be finally given the opportunity we have been given like working/driving and in within a year or two be drowned in debt we can't repay. Don't take my word for a fact, read Dave Ramseys TOTAL MONEY MAKEOVER. Afterall, we are dreamers, and one of our biggest goals is to study and educate ourselves-- This book is a TOOL beyond anything you can imagine. I wanted to go to school for international business but since I couldn't register because Im an immigrant, my mentor told me to educate myself in what I wanted to learn with books that are available to me. This was the first book on the list and I PROMISE you this book is an EASY-read meant for EVERYBODY: from the financial genius to the stay-at-home mother to the college student. I love this book and have given copies to everyone around me. Give yourself a gift beyond compare, buy the book and tell me what you think! You could read it in one short day :D

the-total-money-makeover-a-proven-p.jpeg

I understand you point of view and agree with you but we still need to build credit for when we are ready to buy a new car or a home. For the small things yea we can use our debit cards but we are not building credit. Unless you have millions in the bank there is no way you can pay out right a new car or home. So in that case we will need to appy for a loan. When someone applies for a mortgage for a home the bank checks our credit score, if we have no credit or bad credit either we get denied or we will end up paying high intrest rates. If we have good credit we end up paying less intrest. Also if we finance a car if we have no credit or bad credit same applies and if we have good credit we get great deals like 0% APR for X amount of years. So in reality we do need to build our credit but we need to do it wisely.

I've read Dave Ramsey before, that particular book talks about becoming debt free

Anyways, we've got to be careful and not bite more than we can chew, we are smart adults, right? Are you going to mess something that you have been waiting for so long to get? I know I'm not :D

"What do millionaires do? They don't get rich with free hats, brownie points, or air miles. What do broke people do? They use credit cards. I rest my case."

-Dave Ramsey

Very few people use CC the smart way...that's just my point of view

Don't ever spend the limit, use 30 to 33% of the total limit or else you won't be getting much out of it and when possible, pay it in full every month.

You credit score will increase really fast but it will decrease even faster if you aren't careful.

Only spend what you can afford.

I understand you point of view and agree with you but we still need to build credit for when we are ready to buy a new car or a home. For the small things yea we can use our debit cards but we are not building credit. Unless you have millions in the bank there is no way you can pay out right a new car or home. So in that case we will need to appy for a loan. When someone applies for a mortgage for a home the bank checks our credit score, if we have no credit or bad credit either we get denied or we will end up paying high intrest rates. If we have good credit we end up paying less intrest. Also if we finance a car if we have no credit or bad credit same applies and if we have good credit we get great deals like 0% APR for X amount of years. So in reality we do need to build our credit but we need to do it wisely.

Well here is the thing: why do you need to buy a BRAND new car where you will be forced to have credit?? getting a brand new car is not the only way :) Dave Ramsey teaches a different method to purchase a car, which is to save up, get a used car that's worth anywhere from 1000-3000 the use his method. that's what I just did/ Last week I bought my car for 3200 that I had saved up in the past year. It sounds crazy, but i promise you it's possible. If you still disagree with me, that's fine of course! All I can say, is that if you want to disagree with me and have a valid reason, read the book first ;) that way you can actually point out specifics, because everything you mentioned (car, home, build credit) are the SPECIFICS that Mr. Ramsey proves wrong.

Well here is the thing: why do you need to buy a BRAND new car where you will be forced to have credit?? getting a brand new car is not the only way :) Dave Ramsey teaches a different method to purchase a car, which is to save up, get a used car that's worth anywhere from 1000-3000 the use his method. that's what I just did/ Last week I bought my car for 3200 that I had saved up in the past year. It sounds crazy, but i promise you it's possible. If you still disagree with me, that's fine of course! All I can say, is that if you want to disagree with me and have a valid reason, read the book first ;) that way you can actually point out specifics, because everything you mentioned (car, home, build credit) are the SPECIFICS that Mr. Ramsey proves wrong.

Sounds like you worship that person and while that's okay, it does not mean he is completely right.

I would rather drive something I truly like, and not just go for a car just for the price and which might break within a few months.

Also newer cars spend less gasoline with is nice and equals to less spending than getting a low end car.

Just my two cents.