I take no credit for this FAQ, although it is general information, I thought it might be helpfull to add this FAQ incase you want to read about it in simpler terms as this is easier to understand. Credits goes to the link posted at the bottom. DISCUSS and ASK QUESTIONS!! Thanks. :)

What does Obama

I think thats one of the things that worries me the most...the cost fo the application of the Deffered Act.

I was hopeful that thered be a possibility to get the work appliation fee waived because of deferred action, but its been announced it wont.

I just hope the cost of the application for the Deferrred Act isnt more than the cost of the employment authorization application...

The new updated fees are $380 for I-765 (work application) $80-85 (fingerprinting, background) and $465 (Deferred Act application)

Grand total= $925-$930

Price..its a bit steep but finally being to come out of the shadows......Priceless.. :rolleyes:

Oh okay, well lets hope they don't charge any extra fees, and if they do...well it'll be worth it anyways!

thank you so much for all the updates and the good information you've been giving us.

:)

Thanks Dream, the link I found most helpful was the non profit organizations that will help me fill and file my applications when the time comes..

Will I be eligible to join the US military?

No.

With this act why wouldnt let us join the military? far as i know to joining military is one of the way to get to be US civil? and to pass this act they will do background. wouldnt that be enough?

jackdae:

It seems that as of now DACA, will not permit us to join the military.

My personal opinion, not from anywhere that Ive read, is that they wont let us join the military because this is a temporary fix, they do not offer us a path to temporary nor permanent residency, neither citizenship. By being permitted to join the military, it'd be very easy to become a citizen after a # of year.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Would it matter if you live in 2 states. I attended k-1 to 11th grade in one state but graduated in another. Currently I live in the one I didn't graduate in but thinking of moving back to the one I did graduate in by September. Should I stay here and start the process in this state or in the other. also I got a minor misdemeanor in the state I graduated in.

TGIF:

I don't really think it matters what state you start the process in. You will be put through a background check. All that info will come out in the check.

Regarding your disorderly conduct, I'd hire an attorney to see into that, we don't want you to be denied because of that.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

I tried making a background check on myself, but they all ask for money.

The one on my county, (i have always lived on the same county) is not working at all, it is frustrating, where else can I check?

Diana:

I personally am not checking my background check, I am letting USCIS take care of that like they said. This is what this info says on the USCIS website:

Will USCIS conduct a background check when reviewing my request for consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals?

Yes. You must undergo biographic and biometric background checks before USCIS will consider whether to exercise prosecutorial discretion under the consideration of deferred action for childhood arrivals process. If you have been convicted of any felony, a significant misdemeanor offense, three or more misdemeanor offenses not occurring on the same date and not arising out of the same act, omission, or scheme of misconduct, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety, you will not be considered for deferred action for childhood arrivals except where DHS determines there are exceptional circumstances.

To me the important info in this paragraph is the statement, that USCIS will be conducting the checks, not that I have to conduct them/pay for them..thats what I understand.

This link has most answers to any questions:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f2ef2f19470f7310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=f2ef2f19470f7310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Diana:

Unless you're not sure or for some reason can't remember if you ever had an encounter with the law, than it is suggested that you get a criminal check just to make sure if you need to contact a lawyer or not. Getting a criminal check yourself is optional. If you never had an encounter with the law, you don't necessarily need to get one. (for what, you know nothing's going show.) Just like Itzel, I will not be getting a background check myself.

P.S this info I received from lawyers at a community meeting.

I came to the united states when I was 15 years old a month before I've turned 16 but I didn't start going to school until I was 16 almost 17 will I be eligible ??

Hi guys ^_^

I have a question....

I have been here since elementary school, is it ok if I show my diplomas and two report cards (I could only find these two) from middle school, one from 2006 and the other from 2007??

Hey guys! :)

I came here when I was 6 months & lived here my whole life ever since. What do I need to prove that I been in the U.S ever since btwn im 21 now :) ohh & where can I apply?

Hey guys! :)

I came here when I was 6 months & lived here my whole life ever since. What do I need to prove that I been in the U.S ever since btwn im 21 now :) ohh & where can I apply?

Please look around the forum, this has been answered so many times :)

http://forum.adreamact.com/topic/174-full-deferred-action-instructions/

http://forum.adreamact.com/topic/134-what-to-fill-and-where-to-send-it/

The new updated fees are $380 for I-765 (work application) $80-85 (fingerprinting, background) and $465 (Deferred Act application)

Grand total= $925-$930

Price..its a bit steep but finally being to come out of the shadows......Priceless.. :rolleyes:

I mailed in a $465 Money order o.o is that not right? All of the guides i've looked at says it's $465. Even the Differed Action video on the USCIS website says $465. I'm confused...

USCIS Differed Action video: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f2ef2f19470f7310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=f2ef2f19470f7310VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD