Sign in to follow this  
Betty.Pz

Financial Aid And Others...

Hey there.. so I have a couple of questions.. hope someone could help me please. So I know that in N.Y. DACA applicants are not eligible for financial aid because you need to prove that you're either a resident or citizen. Now, what do we qualify for now that we have the work authorization and ss#, besides being able to work legally. For example, can we apply for health insurance. Thanks for the help guys. And good luck to everyone. :-)

HI. I really think it depends the state you're in. I live in TX and just got $1000 in financial aid from TAFSA. About health care insurance..I have no idea..sorry

HI. I really think it depends the state you're in. I live in TX and just got $1000 in financial aid from TAFSA. About health care insurance..I have no idea..sorry

Hello Itzel !

How did you go about getting the TAFSA? If you could let me know please i also live in Texas & would love to have some kind of financial aid. Anything will help, right?! :)

ruthie:

heres the link with more info, be sure and check that the college does accept TASFA first and the deadline, because here in my city the deadline to turn it in was March 15.

Yeah i called around already & the deadlines are in May so I'm still good! I'll be going first thing tomorrow morning. I'm so glad you posted that because i honestly thought i couldn't get financial help. I'm gonna try to do the work/study program at my college.