marco16pumas

My Name Is Marco Antonio

I just applied for the deferred action two weeks ago. I fit all the qualifications, I've lived here (Chicago) all my life, I was born in Mexico, and brought here by my parents at the age of five. I've finished my schooling here, and tried college for a semester, figured out that what I really want to do is join the military, the navy to exact. I was very disappointed when I found out we wouldn't be able to join once being approved for the defferred action. I'm hoping that a new law would change that soon. My life has literally been on hold since I graduated high school back in 2010. My dreams of becoming a navy sailor will hopefully come true soon. I can't help it get disparate when I hear about the plans the "group of eight " have in store for us. Another ten year wait , come on now. It wasn't my choice to here illegally. And now I live with that problem every single day. Feel free to message me anytime you like. If you too have a disere to join the military let me know , I'd like to hear from you. Any new regarding the actual dream act. Or any other proposals to allow deferred action recipients to join , would greatly be appreciated , I wish you all the best and God bless you

Hey there, welcome! Just like you, my dreams of becoming a police officers were put on hold, since you can only be law enforcement if you have a green card. It just crushed me, after I am approved (I hope I will be) I have plans to attend college for a Criminal Justice degree. I had hopes of joining the Army as well, so, college would be paid, and it would be easier to get a job in the field with commendation and discharge. Hmm...but screw that, huh? I didn't choos to be here illegaly either, and as ironic as it sounds for me to want to work for law enforcement while being an illegal, it has been my dream to keep bad guys off the street and good people safe. Now, since 2006 I have simply given up on everything because there is a obstacle in everything us illegals try to do. I know people who went to college without a ssn, without papers, but they had mothers and fathers here, I didn't, my mother could not make the sacrifice of paying for an out of state tuition, and feed 3 people on a house cleaning job. This is so aboslutely frustrating, and Marco, I feel your pain. Life on hold if a misery, and some jobs are just dead ends, they are paying jobs, every job is an honest way to earn a living, but there is so much potential in the illegal children that came here, it is a waste for this country and a waste of our lives.

Genziha, thank for taking the time to tell me about your story, I feel your pain , as I red over your comment, life for us dreamers is hard here. I've been blessed to have both my parents here by my side with this struggle. They too feel my pain,working jobs that don't value or are or potential. I've done it all , from waiting tables to cutting grass, you name it, yea its a living and you make little money, bit deep inside you know you were meant to do more with our life's then this. I remember the year after my graduation I saw all my friends get accepted into four year colleges with full tuition paid. And I would get asked where would I be going that following fall, I couldn't help it look down and lie. That summer fed up with my situation here I packed my bags and left to Mexico. I enrolled in school out there , but quickly realized that I hd made I huge mistake . You see Mexico is not a safe place to be , sure it was great swing my relative I hadn't seen in years since I was a boy. But the horrible things you would hear on the news, about killings and kidnappings . I missed my family and the safety I had here. I realized that Mexico was not for me. The place that saw my birth was a strange and unfamiliar land. Fearing for my life I tried to come back home , I was certain that by applying for a visa , I would be granted way back "home" . But instead the lady at the embassy bared me and gave me ten years ban from entering the US. I was devastated . I felt like I had no place to call home . I felt unwanted , and lower the dirt. I though I was going to get killed in Mexico if they found out I had family in the US. Since they have a tendency to kidnap and kill the victim if the family doesn't pay the ransom, like a classmate at the class I attended. Sad to say. He was killed and cut into pieces , his family in Las Angeles, didn't cone up with. 25 thousand dollar ransom. Fearing that I was lucky enough to come home safely, ut even that was another mile stone in my life. So I've been though a lot. I've been teased, bullied for being illegal. But I've managed to keep my he'd up. Everthing happens for a reason. God works in mysteries ways. We just have to keep pur faith strong, and hope these laws pass, for the best. I love this country and I would die serving to protect it, even after all the hurt its brought up in my life .

To be a law enforcement you have to be a citizen. At least to be a police officer.

Yup, you are right Rawf, I read that and I forgot. So, even worse for my situation, it would be at least 10 years and I probably wouldn't be accepted into the academy at 36. :(

Yup, you are right Rawf, I read that and I forgot. So, even worse for my situation, it would be at least 10 years and I probably wouldn't be accepted into the academy at 36. :(

It is never late, there's always a door open :)