Sign in to follow this  
jd_208

2 Last Names On Drivers Licence

Does anybody else appear to have 2 last names on drivers licence? Is that a mistake ahould i correct it, because neither my brothers or my dads have 2 last names on their licences !

Well i didnt put my last name on mine because it doesnt ask for it, anyways i gotta go to dmv tomorrow and get that right!!!

my DL shows both last names. that's the way it is on my EAD and also my DACA paperwork. i tried to just put the last name i use but the lady at the DMV wouldnt let me.

Mmmm well...Most of us from Latin America have two last names (dad's 'n mom's), I'm not sure if this is the case in other countries. My DACA letters and EAD show only one of my last names (dad's); therefore, SS card, ID, DL are the same way. Am I the only one, do you guys think this may affect me somehow?

Mmmm well...Most of us from Latin America have two last names (dad's 'n mom's), I'm not sure if this is the case in other countries. My DACA letters and EAD show only one of my last names (dad's); therefore, SS card, ID, DL are the same way. Am I the only one, do you guys think this may affect me somehow?

If your EAD and SSN both have only one last name, then there's no problem.

I'm stuck with both last names on everything -.-

If all your government docs (ssn, ead, etc) use both names then that's your legal name now and it'll be reflected in your DL, taxes, etc.

I guess, i could live with it. But my picture jesus christ thats the worst picture ever, i was mad as shit and the dmv lady took the picture brcause she was being a biatch, my eyes are closed, i was pissed off, tired of waiting.

Back to the subject, ive been using my first and last name ever since i was in high school, bills school ids pretty much all the paperwork has my first ad second name but my ead ssc and drivers licence they all have 2 last names. So im technically using 2 diferent names. wouldnt that be an issue ? And since the drivers licence its a proof of id shouldnt i be allowed to have only one last name? We know we are from other countries but i seriously thought this was america ?

High school diploma, inmunization records, college degree, bank accounts, i think this could affect because we have jose lopez and we have jose francisco lopes martinez So its 2 totally different names

Well, how does it show on your b-certificate and passport? That's how it's supposed to show on on your EAD, SS card, ID, etc

I don't know why mine shows only one, but I couldn't care less! INS has my finger prints so they'll know I'm the same person. I got a SS card 'n a DL that's all that matters to me :D

Wow all my paperwork has only my first name middle initial and last name (dad's last name) That includes but not limited to school records, medical records, W-2's, tax returns and itin. Only on my birth certificate and matricula I have both last names. When i filed out my DACA app I only put my first name middle name and last name (dad's last name) and that is how it is on my EAD, SSN and DL. Actually my EAD has me full name (first name middle name and last name) and my SSN and DL only have first name middle initial and last name but I am not complaining lol :PB)

I'm just like Fredo..all my docs, TX ID, TX DL, SS, EAD, HS diploma have only my first and last name. My birth certificate has 2 last names but whenever I apply for things I only put 1 last name. As an assistant to a paralegal, I asked and was told if asked in the future for aliases, I'll have to put apart from my first and last name, my first name and 2 last names. I filled out my DACA applications with just 1 last name, and had no problem whatsoever...