Sign in to follow this  
Tori

Suppers Y'all!

I kinda bypassed introducing myself and starting jotting about a non existing rfe that finally came in.

Anyway, I'm sure that many of us all share similar back stories and are stoked that this opportunity has presented itself. In brief: came to the States in 1987, permanently since 1991, on an overstayed visa, high school grad, hold an AA degree in film production, and been stalled in this "limbo" since I was 18.

Now at 29, I've been fortunate that for the past 8 years I've been able to make a living off independent contract jobs (1099s on the tax forms). But to further my career I do need to work on W2 jobs since the industry that I work in many higher paying jobs involve temp employment or full time employment with establish companies. To be quite honest, I love working freelance! So as long as I can work in my creative field and do what I love, it's all good!

If all goes well it'll be a nifty 30th b-day present!

"The light is my paint..." I like that. Did you come up with that on your own or are you quoting someone else?

It's a variation of a book title. The book is Painting with Light by cinematographer John Alton.

My variation is the last of a saying that I created that goes: The set is my canvas, the lamps are my brushes, and the light is my paint.

It's all references to the work I do on movie/commercial/music video/corporate video/photography sets.