Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Get Familiar with EAD Form I-765

So more than likley, we will all need to fill this form for work authorization.. So why not just get familiar with it from now and try and fil it out as much as possible.

Link to Form I-765: http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-765.pdf

You can also download the Form below from the attachment.

Questions? Thoughts?

Form I-765.pdf

One comment that I'd like to add regarding this post are the FEES.

Ive seen many guests/visitors ask how much will it cost and that information hasnt been released yet, but regarding the I-765, its a possibility that fee may be waived. The fee for the I-765 would be $380.

However, there are several reasons for which it may be waived, they are the following:

If you are in one of the categories noted below, no fee is required.

No fee is required if filing for an initial employment authorization document under one of these categories:

• Refugee, asylee or paroled as a refugee

• N-8 or N-9 Nonimmigrant

• Citizen of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, or Palau

• Granted Withholding of Deportation or Removal

• Dependent of certain foreign government or international organization personnel

• Applicant for asylum (applicant filing under special ABC procedures must pay the fee however)

No fee is required if filing for a renewal employment authorization document under any of these categories:

• Citizen of Micronesia, Marshall Islands, or Palau

• Granted Withholding of Deportation or Removal

• Dependent of certain foreign government or international organization personnel

I found this information on the following link:

I think itd be great if the fee for the I-765 were waived. I think (this is my personal opinion) that there may be a small fee to apply for the Deferred Act..but maybe I'm wrong...I hope I am..

Im not even adding the fees for the background and biometric check..but I'd be willing to pay to be able to stay in the country I consider my home.

so i checked out the application just to find out what they would possibly ask, but i have a question its asking you to list any possible SSN that you have every used, really? why??

so i checked out the application just to find out what they would possibly ask, but i have a question its asking you to list any possible SSN that you have every used, really? why??

If that means you've used a fake SSN at one point to your name, then I don't think you will need to add this into the EAD. From what i saw, as long as you wern't convicted of anything, you don't need to add it. I could be wrong if someone else wants to put thier imput.

Hello, I have a SSN, which it says that its not valid for employment, i made a copy and that's the one I've been using at my job, technically is legal, but its illegal to work with, should i provide it?

I have no idea how my mom applied to get it, but I've had it ever since i was a year old, I'm now 23 and been working it since 06/2008!

Hi John89:

I also have a SSN that says not valid for employment, I havent used it to work, just for identification purposes. I got it when I was 3 after my dad passed away and started receiving social security checks.

I dont see how providing it could hurt you, I think itd be more proof to verify who you are.

Ill be listing mine in my application.

oh okay, I've never gotten any checks but okay i will be listing it i guess!!!

thank you Itzel.!

do you think that notarized letters would help to proove anything??

like if they ask for something...

John89:

Notarized letter of anything, should be helpful, because with their date they will be able to prove you were in the country will signing it..

Hope this helps...

i read this and think it might be useful . I too have looked at the I-765 form and was thinking about what category we, DACA applicants, would fit in. reading this made since because from the looks of what DACA would give us, we would not fit into any of the categories that the I-765 has of right now.

here is the link

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73ddd59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

this states that DACA applicants will NOT be able to use the exisiting I-765 form as it is.

look for the blue section that is titled Deferred Action.

we will have to wait until the 15th to know the EAD form will look like as it will be catered to those filing for DACA.

hope it helps

happy reading :)