Sign in to follow this  
amenamerica

Getting A Social

So today I received my work permit can I apply to get a social tomorrow? Or do I have to wait a little bit more?

I got mine today as well and I'm going to the SS Office tomorrowwwww :3

Congrats to you both :D

social security must wait 10 days after you been approved. so if you were approved on the 20th and just received your work permit on the 28 wait two days.

social security must wait 10 days after you been approved. so if you were approved on the 20th and just received your work permit on the 28 wait two days.

I was approved April 4th, received my EAD card on the 10th, and applied for my SS the very next day with no issues :)

My question is this... How did some ppl receive a printout before receiving their social security card thru the mail? I remember seeing that some where around this forum. Perhaps they already had a ssn? Confused...

I was approved April 4th, received my EAD card on the 10th, and applied for my SS the very next day with no issues :)

My question is this... How did some ppl receive a printout before receiving their social security card thru the mail? I remember seeing that some where around this forum. Perhaps they already had a ssn? Confused...

You can go back to the SSA office 1-2 days after you apply and ask them if you have been issued an SSN number, if you have, you can then ask them for a printout.

You can go back to the SSA office 1-2 days after you apply and ask them if you have been issued an SSN number, if you have, you can then ask them for a printout.

Keep in mind not all states allow printouts.

Thanks! I didn't know I could do this! I saw on their website that u could be notified by phone when your ssn is available. Not sure how that works but I will wait a week if my card doesn't arrive by then I will go to the office and ask about a printout.

Keep in mind not all states allow printouts.

I'm in CA.. I believe to get a CA I.D you just need the # and the card is not necessary. But I could be wrong?

I'm in CA.. I believe to get a CA I.D you just need the # and the card is not necessary. But I could be wrong?

Yeah, you just need the number. The SSN card should arrive within a week.

Yeah, you just need the number. The SSN card should arrive within a week.

You were right. My card arrived yesterday :) soo it took 4 business days

What if you already have a SS?? But its raggedy and I need a New one. I've been approved for daca and received my work permit today. Can I just go get a New one? also are your SS cards showing "work permit only" or " expires on: (date)" Came here legally but overstayed and at that time my mom applied for SS cards so that's how I have one already.

Question guys : I just got approved on May 24th so I'm hoping to get the stuff through the mail within the next week or so. So when I go to the social security office I need to take my passport correct ? Because my

Passport expired on May 6th and I just now noticed. But the consulate in Indianapolis is only by appointment and they usually give the appointments months from now :/ So should I try to go to the ssa anyways with the expired passport ?

Question guys : I just got approved on May 24th so I'm hoping to get the stuff through the mail within the next week or so. So when I go to the social security office I need to take my passport correct ? Because my

Passport expired on May 6th and I just now noticed. But the consulate in Indianapolis is only by appointment and they usually give the appointments months from now :/ So should I try to go to the ssa anyways with the expired passport ?

When you go to apply for an SSN, take your Passport, Birth Certificate and EAD. Usually you only need one or the other, Passport or Birth Certificate, so you should be fine with the expired passport.