tinkerbell1

Daca Still "initial Review"

Hi guys! so i've been here for about 11 years. I received a work permit (now expired) & a social security prior to my application for DACA. I sent in my application August 22nd, and did me Bio-metrics on September 20th. Today, it's been more than 6 months.. I'm really anxious that something might have gone wrong. everyone i know already got theirs months ago! HELP :[

Not much we can tell you. There are quite a few people waiting 7+ months and there are no options right now besides waiting.

The people who have tried doing Service Requests haven't gotten a different answer than being told that the Service Center is working as fast as they can.

oh, thanks for the response. i was just worried that having an ss and a work permit card would've have conflicted it

No, that's unlikely. You have nothing to worry about. Just take some comfort in knowing that there are thousands of other DACA applicants who are still waiting. :)

oh, thanks for the response. i was just worried that having an ss and a work permit card would've have conflicted it

I was worried about the same thing but I was just recently approved. I also had a work permit that expired in 2002 and SSN that I have been using for school and other stuff. Don't worry to much about it, some application might have to go under extended background checks and one of them might be you. If you have sent enough evidence that satisfies the requirement, I would just be patient because for some (including me) the wait period has been 6mnt+. G'luck

Not much we can tell you. There are quite a few people waiting 7+ months and there are no options right now besides waiting.

The people who have tried doing Service Requests haven't gotten a different answer than being told that the Service Center is working as fast as they can.

I made a second service request after the 15 days of the first one and the letter that they sent me was more concrete about my case

"Thank you for your inquiring. We will pull your file for review. You should receive a follow up notice withing 15 days indicating the result of our review".

And I got approve days later. So I think it does help doing a service request !!!

how do i do that? i'm sorry i'm not really familiar with this since my lawyer was the one processing it and i feel like he doesnt take care of my case unless we pay him extra money -_-

how do i do that? i'm sorry i'm not really familiar with this since my lawyer was the one processing it and i feel like he doesnt take care of my case unless we pay him extra money -_-

You can call them or use the e-request form which I'm not sure if it is still working.

I made a second service request after the 15 days of the first one and the letter that they sent me was more concrete about my case

"Thank you for your inquiring. We will pull your file for review. You should receive a follow up notice withing 15 days indicating the result of our review".

And I got approve days later. So I think it does help doing a service request !!!

I guess they're doing things differently now. This is the first time I hear of that response.

Congrats on the approval by the way.

Have you done a service request? In my opinion, I don't think you have too much worry about, although I understand why you're feeling that way. I think that your case probably hasn't been looked at yet (which sucks) or maybe they're starting to look at it now. But don't worry about it too much; it'll be fine :)

Have you done a service request? In my opinion, I don't think you have too much worry about, although I understand why you're feeling that way. I think that your case probably hasn't been looked at yet (which sucks) or maybe they're starting to look at it now. But don't worry about it too much; it'll be fine :)

i did an e request a few days ago, and i'm not sure how long i should even wait until i actually call USCIS to speak to a level 2 officer. how do you guys find out if your case has been transferred?

i did an e request a few days ago, and i'm not sure how long i should even wait until i actually call USCIS to speak to a level 2 officer. how do you guys find out if your case has been transferred?

If your case have been transferred, they'll let you know through text/e-mail only if you've signed up for it, and also on the USCIS website (case status update).

Just wait /: I recommend you don't worry about it to much &' don't let it take over ..

I finally got mine approved April 1st..

About how long does it take to receive the permit ?.

I have about the same timeline as you.. its a waiting game.

i'm sorry to hear that :[ at least you're not alone on this; i just pray to God that i won't come home to a denial letter. hopefully, we get it soon!

App received on sep 4, 2012

Bio taken on oct 2, 2012

Today April 15 initial review

i did my bios on october 30 with california service center

I did an e-request and the answer was just to keep waiting.. I might just do a second e-request in a week to see if i get approved.

Which service center was your file sent to?!