Rawf

‘Urgent’ To Consider Immigration Reform

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy vowed to move swiftly on immigration legislation despite calls from conservatives, including Sen. Marco Rubio, to slow down the process.

Reacting to a letter from Rubio over the weekend calling for extensive hearings on the soon-to-be-unveiled immigration bill by a group of eight senators, the Vermont Democrat said his panel would “consider” holding a single hearing on the measure when it is introduced. But Leahy raised concerns that waiting too long could undermine the...

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/immigration-reform-patrick-leahy-89546.html

ok PERSONAL OPINION here:

Rubio just needs to shut his mouth already. He knows NOTHING about the struggles, that many if not all of us here, have experience when it comes to the Immigration process.

He was born in FL and all though his grandfather has gone through Immigration proceeding, Rubio, himself, has never had to live in the shadows of being undocumented.

One thing CIR may do is shut down the "free pass" that Cubans are given and make them apply for status just like everyone else. Why is it OK, for Cubans to get a red carpet when they come to the US and not anyone else that comes to the US illegally?

Not saying that all illegals should get a red carpet, but if other illegals face penalties and possible barment from the US, why shouldn't Cubans face the same?

There was an article about rubio that I read this morning, I will try and see if I can locate it. It explained why he was dancing around the Immigration bill after he heard the groups settled on an agreement.

As always, these types of news suggest politicians are media attention seeking ....

here is the article:- http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2013/04/02/what-marco-rubios-dance-on-immigration-tells-us-about-washington/

I agree with PSWA83.

Marco Rubio is getting on my last nerve, but I give him the credit for at least being part of the gang of 8.

We really don't need "extensive" hearings on immigration, we've had those hearings way too many times before and we all know what needs to be done on immigration. The faster we get this immigration bill out of the committees and on to the Senate floor the better it will be.

Cubans and their 'special circumstance': read more about 'wet foot, dry foot' policy here...

In regards to Rubio, please keep in mind that he has been targeted by the GOP as a possible candidate for the presidency in the 2016 campaign...Therefore, we will see/hear more about him, unless another Republican can run against him (if Rubio is selected as a candidate for the GOP nomination).

RUBIO-IS-THIRSTY.gif

Only he would commit this faux pas live on a National broadcast... The infamous 'Waterbreak' lol