Sign in to follow this  
Rawf

Police Record.

One of my friends couldn't send his application because he didn't have the Police Record a.k.a Criminal Record, whether you have a bad or good record it seems to be needed even thought it isn't mentioned anywhere.

To obtain your Police record simply take a non-expired passport and a money order ($5 in RI) and request it at your local Police Department, all requests are private and will not affect you in any way. (No cash is accepted, it has to be a money order. Check your local police department website)

Has anyone else gathered such record?

I will do it on Tuesday before going to my attorney.

I seem to be confused about your previous text. Why do you need to send in your criminal record? I didn't not only because I don't have one but because one of the guidelines in the USCIS site is that they'll conduct the back ground checks. I haven't read anywhere neither did I see on the application, that one was required to send a copy of their criminal record.

After reading this thread I went today to my cities Police Station but since I don't have a current government issued ID or current school ID they didn't give me the background check.

I'm with Itzel, we are already sending them $85 for the background and fingerprints, why would we need to send them a background check if they never asked for it and if they are going to check anyways?

you do not need a criminal record only if you answer "yes" to the first question on page 4 of the i-821D app. Right below the first question it says if you answered yes you must also include copies of all arrest records, charging documents, dispositions, or sentencing records, etc.

Rawf, i dont know who told your friend that but it is not necessary to send in your own criminal record. here in CA, it is called a Live Scan. that is what the $85 is for. USCIS will preform the background. They take not only your finger prints but they take a scan of your whole hand and send it to the FBI.