Sign in to follow this  
jjkayslay

Approved For I821 But I765 Still Under Review?

I just received my I821 Approval in the mail today but not my I765. I checked my status for it and it was still under initial review. Should I be worried?

I just received my I821 Approval in the mail today but not my I765. I checked my status for it and it was still under initial review. Should I be worried?

It is called I821D, do not confuse it with I821.

If you were approved for DACA, you will most likely be accepted for the EAD. But it isn't always the case.

Congratulations!

I thought i was supposed to receive both at the same time as that's what seems to be the case with most of the people which have been approved.

I thought i was supposed to receive both at the same time as that's what seems to be the case with most of the people which have been approved.

Most people get both at the same time, sometimes the system is slow. :)

Most people get their I-765 approved first, which means that the I-821D is surely to be approved since you don't qualify for an EAD without DACA.

In this case, your I-821D was approved first and you already got the approval letter in the mail, which can only mean that for some reason your I-765 needs further review.

USCIS has a 90 day processing time for the I-765. You're going to have to wait until you hear a response.

What would be some reasons as to why my i765 has to be reviewed more than my i821d?

what Rawf statesd. USCIS still has 90 days to approve the I-765 after approving the I-821D.

if i remember correctly, there is a member on this forum who either is still waiting for the I-765 approval or just received it after 90 days of her I-821D approval.

So I guess im one of the few unlucky ones to have gone through this... I don't have 90 days to keep my job that's the unfortunate thing. :/

How long did it take you to get you i765 approve? I have the same problem:(

My daca it's approved but my i765 it's not i called uscis and they told me just to wait it can take up to 90 days to get my i765 approve! This fucking sucks!!!

I sent my application on march 26, I got a text from uscis on April 02 that they have received my application then I got my biometrics appointment on April 30 and I got my daca approved on July 03 but my i765 still in initial review!