hello everybody

I am frederico and i am originally from germany. i first came to the united states in 2004 when i was 14 years old. i came for high school on a visa under my mother. i finished high school and started college but my visa expired in 2007. i decided to stay past my visa stay since i had started a new life here. this started my life as an undocumented immigrant. life wasnt that much different at the beginning since i had a lot of documentation, (drivers license, work permit, social security card, etc...), but when these expired things got a lot harder. I dropped out of college because of a lack of funds and tried to continue working to save for school. finding a job got increasingly harder and harder because of my lack of documentation so i had to resort to odd jobs here and there to support myself. my mother moved out of the state so i am by myself now trying to support myself on next to nothing. i was arrested in 2010 for some minor misdemeanors and was put into removal proceedings by ice and uscis. i spent a month in immigration detention while they tried to figure what to do with me. i was released from immigration detention and had to wear an ankle bracelet for 6 months!!! i hated it. after my release i enter a program so i would not get convicted and did over 300 community service hours. eventually my charges were dismissed and expunged and my record was wiped clean. i had to report to ice on a monthly basis to "check in" and eventually my removal proceeding was taken to court. then president obama announced the dream act. i was overjoyed and couldnt wait to apply since i was eligible. i worked hard to find the $485 to file the application and did so and have been waiting since. i last went to immigration court in october and i presented my application for deferred action to the immigration judge there. their office decided to exercise prosecutorial discretion in my case and they stopped the removal process. i was really happy but i am still undocumented. i thought that because they stopped the removal process that i would be approved for deferred action really quickly but that has not been the case. i am still waiting but i have faith. as of right now i am doing everything i can to support myself until i get the documentation to be able to go back to school and continue my life.

All you can do is wait patiently. I just got approved today after 6 months and 5 days of waiting. Keep your head up and think it is almost in your hands. :)

All you can do is wait patiently. I just got approved today after 6 months and 5 days of waiting. Keep your head up and think it is almost in your hands. :)

@Prettylivi

Congrats on your approvel I'm hope I'm next. They received my RFE on January 25th, my 60 days for that is up.. N they told me I should have a respond this week on April 10th I really hope so.

Welcome :) I'm glad your case is so ahead of the game. You are definitely one lucky guy that was allowed to stay long enough for this to happen. Thanks for sharing your story it helps many who are in a similar situation have hope and stay strong

thank you all for the kind words. i am being very patient and am continuing to wait in good hopes. im glad to hear all the good news coming from people on this site, that is what helps me.

Welcome :) i know the waiting sucks but stay strong and be patient you will get approve!! Germany awesome my dream vacation :D lol just wanted to put that outhere hehe and again don't stress yourself your day will come!!!

Someone up there is looking out for you man even through your adversities you're still here waiting on your case. You're pretty lucky stay positive your approvals next.

Wish u the best buddy !!!! Things should be fine my case only took a month I guess I was just lucky ....

Btw welcome to the Latino World.