Sign in to follow this  
deyr0901

Do we put down fake SSN?

Ok so I know I have asked many this, but I was hoping to see how many of you guys who have used a fake ssn put it down on form I-765 question 9... I know there was a lot of questions and so many different answers regarding this

I won't know what to do, mainly because all my work checks have the fake ssn. I will wait until I see my attorney to talk with him.

No matter what you do, it will show up on your background check they will be doing.

Hi deyr, I also happen to have a job and yes I used a fake ssn to get the job. I will not be providing any documents from my workplace as proof of me being here though. What I'm doing is asking a professional about it...

a lawyer said on the UNIVISION news that you should not provide the fake ssn because that is a felony same thing I said but I will give yall the link so yall can see it for yallselfs :)

http://noticias.univision.com/al-punto/videos/video/2012-08-19/jorge-ramos-fue-al-punto-2?ftloc=channel1521:wcmWidgetUimStage&ftpos=channel1521:wcmWidgetUimStage:4 one of the questions the people ask is if they can put their fake ssn so just watch it idk what minute it is.

Ok, thanks ale. Because I'm kinda torn

Between this, because I am sure they knoww about more than half may have used a fake ssn.. and then I wouldn't be providing fake documentation of any kind but I don't want to lie and then it coming up on my background check... : \ thanks I will take a look.! :)

New - Q9. How should I fill out question nine (9) on the Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization?

A9. When you are filing a Form I-765 as part of a Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals request, question nine (9) is asking you to list those Social Security numbers that were officially issued to you by the Social Security Administration.

The lawyer I used said not to include any fake ANYTHING, no matter what. It counts as fraud and will automatically get you denied and no one knows if they're actually going out to charge you or detain you. You are providing them with every shred of information about yourself so I personally wouldn't. If it means you can't use your pay stubs to prove your residency, so be it. Keep digging and find other things! Of course, if you feel like you're stuck, talk to an attorney, free or paid. It's worth it.

No one should have any doubts now it's clarified on uscis.gov website... Include only numbers issued to you officially by the SS ADMINISTRATION

No one should have any doubts now it's clarified on uscis.gov website... Include only numbers issued to you officially by the SS ADMINISTRATION

That is not true. It clearly states to write down all SSN(s) used by you.

It is then your choice to write them down or not, at the end of the road everything will come up in your background check.

I'm not lying :( look it up for yourself on USCIS.gov they clarified this issued today sept 14 2012 I copy and pasted from the website...

New - Q9. How should I fill out question nine (9) on the Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization?

A9. When you are filing a Form I-765 as part of a Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals request, question nine (9) is asking you to list those Social Security numbers that were officially issued to you by the Social Security Administration.

I'm not lying :( look it up for yourself on USCIS.gov they clarified this issued today sept 14 2012 I copy and pasted from the website...

While it does says that, I opted to include the number I have been using to work with. Your applications won't be affected by it.

If you put the fake ssn you have used you will most likely face criminal charges for fraud. I understand what Rawf is saying but the fact is that fraud is a very serious crime. I would recommend seeing a lawer before submitting your app.

I don't think you should include fake SSN numbers that you have used. Especially if they belong to someone else as you would be using false documents to be employed, which is a felony and can land you a maximum of 10 years in federal prison without parole and a fine up to $250,000

Then again, no one knows what USCIS will do if you do submit a fake SSN. They might let it slide, they might not. If you submit work documents like pay checks, they can possibly check with your boss to see if you are using a fake SSN. No one knows how far USCIS will go, since it is a new process. Maybe an immigration attorney will have the correct answer.

EDIT: If you ever claimed to be a U.S. Citizen, like on form I-9, that might cause a problem.

They said it would be fine if you made up the number, if you are actually using someone's else number then that would be bad.

But then again, like I have said many times in the forum.. everything comes up in the background check, so there's no way to hide any numbers you have used.

I hope not... it will be a disaster cus theres 82000 applicants so far and some wrote the fake SSNas advised by some incompetent lawyers... For example if u been drinking and driving but don't get caught will u turn yourself in to the police? Of course not you might get a DUI on your record ... If in the form 1-821D had asked have u been drinking and driving? I wonder how many will admit to this without having been charged with a DUI? Now if USCIS wanted to know if dreamers have been working with a fake SSN or someone elses.. USCIS would have asked that.. Just like they asked about being part of a gang or killings or severely injuring someone etc... I hope it make sense God bless everyone prayers are always answer so pray! Our dreams will come true