Sign in to follow this  
orozcomari

Has Anyone Filed An Amended Tax Return!!1040X I Need Help

So the first yr my husband and I did our taxes together we were not married yet so he file as head of house hold with my daughter and I as his dependents we got over 5,000 in refund. (I had a TIN) than the second yr we got married and we no loger qualified for The EIC (earned income credit) so we got not even half of that money it was extremly sad because i knew we could of really used that money and ofcourse i felt like it was my fault since im the one that didnt have the social and my husband is a citizen. the next 3 yrs were the same thing but our tax prepare told us that when I get my social we could get the money back for those three yrs. Long story short I got approved last yr this yr we did our amended return its been 6 weeks and its still under review. 2009 got lost according to them so i had to resend it and now online it shows me that a letter has been send because more information is needed.Has anyone gone through this? How long has it taken to get an amended return?

P.S i posted the story incase some people were not aware that they could get there money back for previous yrs that they did not have their social. yiu could get back up to 3 yrs when u recieve your social..

I filed my 1040X for 2009 at the end of Feb. when I checked on line after 4 weeks it said the same "a letter was sent because more info was needed" it turned out that I missed to sign a form :P

My cousin got a letter requesting a copy of his SS card.

Good luck

Did you only sent 2009? I read online that I was suppose to send them in a seperate envolpe for each one but my tax prepaer just put paper clips to seperate them and put them in the same envelope. I think there was only 1 copy of my social =(.

Its been 7 weeks now I send my 2009 twoo weeks ago since they lost it the first time and now 09 shows up online but it says they received it at the same time as the others. dont get why. I havent received my letter but i was looking at my copies back and forth and i realized there was this one page that my tax prepaer wrote my name wrong (he added my husbands last name to my name)and its in the one the there asking for more info. this sucks hope it gets fixed soon.

Did you only sent 2009? I read online that I was suppose to send them in a seperate envolpe for each one but my tax prepaer just put paper clips to seperate them and put them in the same envelope. I think there was only 1 copy of my social =(.

Its been 7 weeks now I send my 2009 twoo weeks ago since they lost it the first time and now 09 shows up online but it says they received it at the same time as the others. dont get why. I havent received my letter but i was looking at my copies back and forth and i realized there was this one page that my tax prepaer wrote my name wrong (he added my husbands last name to my name)and its in the one the there asking for more info. this sucks hope it gets fixed soon.

I sent them in a spare envelope, don't worry I prepared the forms myself and called them every time I had a question they are very nice and helpful, so if you have any issues just call them :D

How long did they tell you this process would take before you receive the refund?

They said 8 weeks after they receive the forms; I called on Friday 'cause I could not see the update online ( turns out they received my letter to cancel my ITIN and that's why) and they said a check will be mailed on Monday!

Cali is going shopping :D

Revising your tax return is done by filing an amendment. You need to use Form 1040X, along with a new Form 1040, plus any other necessary schedules and forms. Amended tax returns have to be mailed to the IRS on paper for manual processing. The IRS typically processes an amended return about 8 to 12 weeks, but this process can take longer during the IRS's busiest times.

I filed for the 1040x in may after I got my ss# and the waiting time was supposed to be 8 to 12 weeks and im still waiting.  I keep calling and they just give me a date to call back and they don't really give me any info about what is going on.  I cant really see any updates on line so I always had to call.  At this point im not even counting on that $ anymore.