esteband

7 Or 8 Month Club..from Vermont?

I'm not at the 7 month mark yet but I have no doubts ill get there. I'm at the california service center and I've called a few times and when I used to call before my 6 months were up all they would tell me was that I had to wait that 6 months was the average waiting time. After my 6 months, which was on april 9th, all they tell me now is that they are a bit behind and are currently working on the applications filed on august 31st. I applied in october so it seems they are going to have to go through a whole months worth of applications before they get to mine. I called again yesterday and asked to speak to a level 2 officer and for the second time the person that answered my call told me that there is no such thing. That all the officers there are equally qualified to answer any questions we might have. So I asked for a service request since the website doesn't let me do it and they said that I'm still withing the average waiting time so I can't get one. I don't know if the people working there hate their jobs or hate us but none of the times I've called they've been any help. I understand and I know I may seem arrogant and frustrated and I know all cases are different but if we are all required to send the same information even though some send way more than others, why is it taking soo long?

they cant tell that theyve just gotten to the august apps, becuase there are people who have filed in Oct, Nov, Dec and even as recently as february and have already gotten approved. I think each officer just gets a random set of cases from various application dates. i dont know why some are taking longer than others but they have to make a decision at some point. hang in there, if mine starts going into the 6-8 month mark ill have to do the same thing.

good luck to everyone!

They can tell you they are doing the August 31st app nd they are. I called them 3 Weeks ago nd they told me that, so I called again yesterday nd they told me the same thing but apparently they can see on comp an update on which applications are being processEd right now so when their computer updates they can give us different date of applications are being processed then.

I am from California waiting since November 15th 6months waiting :( so many people around me that got lawyers got accepted within about 2months :/ I didint get a lawyer :(

I don't think its because they got lawyers that they got approved right away, a lot of people that I know didn't get lawyers either and they got approved very quick. I went with a group of people through our college to the hermandad mexicana in santa ana and they were the ones that filed our applications. It was a total of 9 of us that went on October 9th and 5 got approved within 3 months. I've called and asked what they look at for faster approvals but they don't say anything, they just say that it depends on the background check and the amount of evidence that you send.

I am from California waiting since November 15th 6months waiting :( so many people around me that got lawyers got accepted within about 2months :/ I didint get a lawyer :(

not really ive been waiting since october 30 when i did my bios and i also have a lawyer and not approved yet im with california too

Yeah a lawyer doesnt make the process faster i got a lawyer because i had so many questions because i do quality but its complicated my application was received 9/10/12 the my bios on 10/2/12 and today is 4/18/13 and nothing yet

Sent my application September 18, 2012. Went to my biometrics October 24, 2012. My applications are still on "initial review." :/

Sent my application September 18, 2012. Went to my biometrics October 24, 2012. My applications are still on "initial review." :/

hey we have almost the same timeline september 27 application received and bios on october 30 with california service

Yeah a lawyer doesnt make the process faster i got a lawyer because i had so many questions because i do quality but its complicated my application was received 9/10/12 the my bios on 10/2/12 and today is 4/18/13 and nothing yet

we have almost the same timeline

I was on the same boat last week guys! Over 7 months for me... Bios Sept 26th and I JUST now got approved this past week. They waited until the last second for me I know this is all you hear... But ESPECIALLY now that you're at 7/8 months... It'll happen any day now! Just try to get your mind off it and it'll happen when you least expect it.

And By the way.. I know we're talking about total number of days but USCIS counts business days. I was actually under 6 months in business days. So calculate how many business days you've been waiting to have a better idea!

I was on the same boat last week guys! Over 7 months for me... Bios Sept 26th and I JUST now got approved this past week. They waited until the last second for me I know this is all you hear... But ESPECIALLY now that you're at 7/8 months... It'll happen any day now! Just try to get your mind off it and it'll happen when you least expect it.

And By the way.. I know we're talking about total number of days but USCIS counts business days. I was actually under 6 months in business days. So calculate how many business days you've been waiting to have a better idea!

Here is the link for those of you that want to check how many business days you have been waiting...drop the calculators, put away the fingers and the calendars, and go here...you are welcome!

http://adreamact.com/topic/884-working-days-calculator/